Thread: FWB 102 - value?

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza

FWB 102 - value?

Hi folks,

Thinking of selling on my FWB 102; I've had it nearly 10 years and I'd like to try something else!

It shoots absolutely fine and consistently, it's in good condition all round, albeit the finish has flaked off the levers in places - it came to me that way, and it seems "they all do that, sir".

It is fitted with a Rink grip (RH, Large, convex, 0', normal volume, IIRC); I have the original safely tucked away, in the original FWB box.
    It looks like the Rink would fit some other FWBs (C20, C25, C55, P30, P55), so it might be possible/sensible to sell separately?? I'm sure I didn't pay quite as much as they're asking for them these days....

But - these pistols are rarer than the proverbial hen's teeth, so I'm struggling to know what I might ask for it?!
    If it's not worth so much these days, I may just keep hold anyway...

Any help very much appreciated

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/defb...ml?sort=3&o=16
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/defb...ml?sort=3&o=14
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/defb...ml?sort=3&o=15
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

The market on these does fluctuate hugely,

Somewhere around the £400 mark would be a good start you may get more as boxed and if someone want's the Rink, I've seen the 103's make more especially the nice coloured one's where cased examples can go over £650

The 102 should fall somewhere between the FWB100 (normally around £300 ish) and the highly sought after 103's, all versions were superb pistols imo.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks Nige, that's pretty much in the middle of where I imagined it might fall.
    Just got to get a couple of other ducks in line now, and it'll be up at around the suggested
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Could you explain the cocking/loading sequence with the twin levers on the 102? Does it take longer to cock and load compared to the 100 and 103? Is it possible to hold both handles and cock them at the same time?

Also is there any way to renew the finish on the cocking levers?

Both levers forwards together until the loading port cover flips up.
    Then the short lever back, then the long lever back. There's no option to use both together. It doesn't take long at all, it's all very automatic once you've put a few pellets through it. You'll be thinking about the next shoot while your arms are just doing it.
    Load the pellet onto the groove, then push the cover back down - the probe that pushes the pellet forwards to seat it is also the transfer port for the air.
    Effort is reasonable. I've read the 2 lever system gives a higher pressure (therefore more fps) than on the 100, for less perceived effort.
    It seems they introduced the 2 lever system as people said the one lever was hard to use; then they went back to a single lever for the 103 so they could make it detachable.

I guess my first choice of finish would be to try plasticote... but as all the 100 series guns have exactly the same problem, I've never worried.

Thanks for the reply and that's interesting regarding the loading sequence.