Thread: Air rifle Insurance

Air rifle Insurance

Hello all, I'm looking at getting some liability insurance that covers me when shooting on private land.The most popular seem to be provided by either BASA or Gunplan. Anyone got experience of these policies and can give me the pros and cons?

gun insurance

Quote Originally Posted by telbert View Post
    Hello all, I'm looking at getting some liability insurance that covers me when shooting on private land.The most popular seem to be provided by either BASA or Gunplan. Anyone got experience of these policies and can give me the pros and cons?
    The best gun insurance is with BASC imo, it is primarily for shot gun and bullet rifle shooters but the airgun section is growing. Almost all farmers connected to shooting will know off the BASC its main points are 10 million public liability insurance but also the fact that the insurance covers you AND the farmer if the injured person trys to sue. The ones you mentioned are pushed by the airgun magazines and may be ok but I would stick with the established BASC.
    Last edited by keithy; 22-10-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    mk2 rapid.22

airgun Insurance

I've never seen the need for insurance here in the States and I do a lot of bird hunting with the over-unders.

Is the environment that much different in Europe?

BASC for me .

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygit View Post
    BASC for me .
    Same here. I rather pay extra for BASC membership & insurance as a piece of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gorman805 View Post
    I've never seen the need for insurance here in the States and I do a lot of bird hunting with the over-unders.

The land is much smaller and there are some landowners who require you to have insurance in case of a any accidents it can be over easy to damage a fence or "god forbid" wound a farm animal or person!!! or even a fellow shooter so that's why nearly all UK shooters will have some form of insurance --you mention hunting bird with a over-and under----GET YOURSELF A PROPER GUN a nice English side by side

I'm with SACS and so far they have been excellent
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by gorman805 View Post

I find that utterly amazing with the litigation culture of the US or do you have general liability cover in case you get sued for anything ?

Surely you stand a huge chance of being sued if something goes wrong when you're out shooting like causing damage to private property ??