Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting up a bell target range

Setting up a bell target range

I've got the space down the main corridor in my cellar for a bell target range,
    so I get the 6 or 7 yard range length, five feet height to the bull.

It's pretty well lit down there but I'll put a spot light up so it shines on the target, anything else I should consider ?

Where can I get hold of a bell target or two ? Not bothered if they're secondhand .

Also what would be the ideal rifle ? I've got a cadet major .22 but I think a catapult would be more accurate!

Any ideas of a lightweight low powered suitable rifle , my daughter wants to shoot as well.

Thanks for any help.

SZ
    Last edited by Steve Zodiac; 22-10-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Protek Supplies sell Bell Targets. I think they are £114 each.

a lot of the popular rifles used for bell target such as the FWB 300/601 or Diana 75, are quite heavy,
    but the HW 30 may suit your needs as it is quite light and puts out about 6 to 7 ft/lbs.

badger5148

reflex targets sell bell targets for approx. £30

There is a chap on this forum (red bob ) who make's Bell targets,they look great. .
    Or he can supply the face plate .Best to give Bob a PM to make sure he still does them.
    Get your self some Titanium Dioxide powder and mix it with Johnson's baby oil to make a non drying paint.A little goes a long way.
    The Hw30s is a great gun for Bell target shooting,my one is spot on and is great for young and adult shooters.
    I made my Bell target out of hard wood ,with one of Bob's face plate's.I used a fire bell inside and it works a treat.
    Les..

A .177 HW30s is ideal for bell target & easy for your daughter to use too.
    Are you sure your cadet major is a .22? That'd make it pretty rare!

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    There is a chap on this forum (red bob ) who make's Bell targets,they look great. .
    Or he can supply the face plate .Best to give Bob a PM to make sure he still does them.
    Get your self some Titanium Dioxide powder and mix it with Johnson's baby oil to make a non drying paint.A little goes a long way.
    The Hw30s is a great gun for Bell target shooting,my one is spot on and is great for young and adult shooters.
    I made my Bell target out of hard wood ,with one of Bob's face plate's.I used a fire bell inside and it works a treat.
    Les..
    Red bob's targets are a thing of joy. Same as sold by protek. Occasionally he puts one up for sale on here.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

I want to make a bell target but using a Tibetan Singing Bowl instead of a bell. The singing bowls are made from the same material ( literally bell metal ). The 'singing' is the bowls resonating and producing a wonderful therapeutic healing sound.

So you can shoot and meditate at the same time. It's perfect ... the meditation breathing will aid the shooting stability. The shooting stability means you hit the 'bell' more. The more you hit the bell the more therapy you are getting. Win and win.

Be happy and be well.

Too much of this bell ringing and the dog will tire of barking at the front door.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Jake190 View Post
    Protek Supplies sell Bell Targets. I think they are £114 each.

a lot of the popular rifles used for bell target such as the FWB 300/601 or Diana 75, are quite heavy,
    but the HW 30 may suit your needs as it is quite light and puts out about 6 to 7 ft/lbs.

£114.00

Thanks I looked on their site but no bell targets for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    A .177 HW30s is ideal for bell target & easy for your daughter to use too.
    Are you sure your cadet major is a .22? That'd make it pretty rare!

Oops it's .177

Another vote for the HW30S.

Quality, lightweight, superb trigger, low cocking effort and super-sweet firing cycle. Many members on here have fitted aperture sights to these with this very discipline in mind.

I've often thought about setting up a "bell" target at home, but without the bell, just a faceplate. And then I saw Bozzer's idea of the even more therapeutic version........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    £114.00

Cheaper if you buy direct from the man.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Cheaper if you buy direct from the man.

Dave
    I've sent a pm to Mr RB to enquire about a couple.

( daughter wants her own bell target )
    Last edited by Steve Zodiac; 23-10-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    £114.00

Go to protek home page click on classic rifles 1940 -1984 ( yes I know, you would have thought it would appear under targets)
    and scroll down. Stock no 4004.
    Its £125 by the way, not £114.

Good idea to contact Red Bob direct, as others have suggested.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the HW30S for Bell Target.
    That said, don't expect it to work well straight out of the box as Weihrauch quality control isn't as good as they would have you believe.

if the moderators will permit it, here's a link to the WOC site where I posted a story on how I modded mine to make it more suitable for BT and 10m shooting.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/weih...er-t27568.html