Thread: Best Cerakote painter in the UK?

Best Cerakote painter in the UK?

Hi,

If I wanted a top cerakote job done on an alloy stock in the UK, where would the best place be?

Thanks,

How about the guy that replied to your post in the FAC section ?

RichardH from this fine forum.

Post 7 here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....LR-alloy-stock

Liquid steel designs

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

I sent him a PM asking some questions, but it does not hurt to know more than one option.
    I personally do not know of a single cerakote painter in the UK, so knowing only one seems a little optionless.
    RichardH has now replied and will ring him in due corse.

I went to a UPVC shop in my home town a few years ago and bought some plastic panels. I wanted some end caps to finish off runs and turn corners. I asked the shop if such parts existed, they said absolutely no, so I believed them and struggled on making my own. That shop closed a year ago and has been replaced with another shop that I happen to know the owner of. This new shop has a whole range of finishing ends and I now know the first shop was talking total rubbish. The moral of this story is, shopping from only one outlet and believing everything they say is not wise.

Options are always good to have when one is without knowledge, hence the question.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 22-10-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Riflecraft have a good reputation.

Have you tried google ?

J.Russellfirearms up here in West Lothian is a registered cerakote applier/painter/do-oer/thingumyjig
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Riflecraft have a good reputation.

Have you tried google ?
    To be honest Angrybear, no not really.

I find reading websites and even talking to business owners does not always give you the best reflection of quality.
    The way I do it is to cast a net (in the form of a question on a forum/forums) and then listen to the feedback.
    I've found over the years, the best tend to float to the top in the replies I get over time.

I'm hugely put off by big flashy websites, they always come off as 'We are so big and great, we don't want your little job and you couldn't afford us anyway'.

Engineering companies are the worst for this I've found. They have very impressive machines and construction pictures on their websites and in some cases the reality is, they are a crappy little unit in the back of a rat infested ind est ! I have found this to my detriment and cost on more than one occasion.

So surfing the Google, I find, does not always yield best answers. You yourself Angrybear are a direct example of asking on a forum rather than Googling! It was YOUR help on this forum that took us to the shop outside Exeter and found my daughters HW95L that she LOVES. She is most grateful to you every time she shoots it

So from a point of not knowing anybody, I now have a list to investigate, all from this forum

RichardH
    Liquid steel designs
    Rifle craft
    J.Russellfirearms
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 23-10-2018 at 10:43 AM.

LSD Preston, excellent work, & Geoff Bullock(the owner) is a great bloke to deal with.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

Indeed, as Richard is the toppest of top TOP chaps.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is cerekote, is it a plating or is it a paint style coating?? Thanks Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance but what is cerekote, is it a plating or is it a paint style coating?? Thanks Max
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H3TCVzNRRA

Try Liquid Steel Designs.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Sorry jump in to this thread but I’m after some one to change the look of a DS Air Ranger breach block I want it turned into silver and pointers in the right direction would be welcome.

I rang Liquid Steel Deigns today and they can do a nice deep blue on the stock for £80 as long as the colour is in stock (which it normally is) The barrel could be done in matt black for an extra £15. Return postage is £15.

RichardH said I'd get change for £150.

So I guess both business are in the same ball park.

Just gota wait for the FAC and rifle now!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    Sorry jump in to this thread but I’m after some one to change the look of a DS Air Ranger breach block I want it turned into silver and pointers in the right direction would be welcome.
    It seems anybody from my list in post 7 can do your item in Cerakote, silver is no problem.