Thread: Webley Omega

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Omega

Does anybody know if a Weihrauch front sight will fit the barrel dovetail of the Webley Omega? They appear to be close to the same size, but the Weihrauch dovetail is pressed into the steel, where the Omega dovetail is finely machined into the barrel.

I don't know if the angles are the same, and as my colleague at work is wont to say, assumption is the mother of all f**kups.

Webley Omega

it will,a tight fit though

Thanks for that, I'll give one a try. Better tight than loose (!). I'm guessing genuine Omega ones are rare as hen's teeth.

I can try it the other way around. Omega sight onto HW barrel if it helps

Yep, go for it. Be interested to see how it is, let me know.

I've got a lovely scoped omega ( no front or rear sights ) its got a silencer on and a plate saying " Webley" with two screws holding it in place on the breech block.

Often wondered if I could get open sights for it, or if anything else would fit say 80's HW 77 K sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    I've got a lovely scoped omega ( no front or rear sights ) its got a silencer on and a plate saying " Webley" with two screws holding it in place on the breech block.

Often wondered if I could get open sights for it, or if anything else would fit say 80's HW 77 K sights.
    The rear sight is pretty common and relatively easy to get hold of, it was used on several Webley models. The front sight is a completely different story. I'm pretty sure (having a good think here) that the front sight was Omega specific. Most people removed them to fit silencers etc. and either lost them or binned them. They do exist but aren't the easiest things to come by.

Cheers
    Greg