Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why do we have more than one or two guns ?

How many Golfers only have one golf stick???????
    I need just the same amount of guns as a Golfer does golf sticks! Thats what I say to Plod.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

It’s an addiction and once started on the long hard rocky road it’s hard to stop. For example just before last Christmas I bought a DS Saxon a truly good looking rifle, just after Christmas I saw a HW100 KT in Laminate that would compliment the Saxon in looks a week later I ended up buying a AA Ultimate Sporter as I thought the laminate would complement the HW and Saxon. Did I need these rifles nope not at all did I want them yes I did. Now I’ve only put half a tin of pellets through each one which is a shame as they deserve to be used. Will I get around to using them yes one day soon. Will I buy any more yes I’ve spotted one I’ve been after for a while well not the rifle it’s the stock it’s second hand and I can just about afford it.

My days of spending X thousands of pounds on rifles are over family issue have really hit me hard this year and if I’m not very very careful I’ll be single. I’ve realised how much I’ve spent on my guns over the years and all the bits and bobs that go with it. Trust me I really had my eyes opened I suppose we get tunnel vision when we want a new rifle and every thing else goes by the way side. My healths none to good my last permission has been vandalised as in my shed my hide and the small amount of game decimated. Having found out my wife has very very early dementia and a 93 year old mum moving in tends to change your out look on life.

If you can afford it with out any thing else suffering then enjoy.

Any way only 32 rifles in the collection way way to many lol.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I see them as accessories for my shooting outfits...some I carry in a manbag and some I sling over the shoulder.
    Some are still the wardrobe and haven't been out yet.
    Sorry love, you were saying....

Just rejoined after being away for a while.....now the kids want a go and they cant use my old airsporter so can see me getting on the slippery slope of one more....maybe two....infact why not three, four or more😅😅😅

My HW100 came to me for £150 from an old boss, so I couldn’t turn it down.

My HW77 came to me for £60, as it was in a state, I’ve still not restored it.

I’ve always wanted a Rapid, so I picked up an MFR when funds allowed. Got to love a bit of British engineering.

Then a gun I’ve lusted after for years; a Skan R32 mini, came up in the summer for a bargain price of £500 and I had to have it just for the rare and interesting factor; the same reason I picked up a BSA 240 magnum (although the latter not being so rare, just interesting)

The HW45 silver star I bought as a collectors item, something that will probably be passed onto one of the kids if they decide to get into the sport.

My Webley Tempest was my first ever Airgun, so sentimental, and it still gets the odd plink when the mood sees fit.

For me, it’s a bug thing of owning interesting guns, along with having the right tools that do a certain job, my HW100 is set up for NV duties. The Skan for close to mid range indoor or farmyard work, ferals etc. Then the MFR is my main field gun that sees the most use, it’s been bomb proof since I’ve owned it and it’s not been wrapped in cotton wool.

I’d only sell up if I gave up the sport or desperately needed the money. The guns I have bought, I’ve bought wisey and are all keepers that will probably stay with me until I retire or die. Just don’t tell my missus how much I really paid for them all if I snuff it 😉

Mmmm....Because I love those old classic springers, the smell, the feel, stroking that stock and feeling the solidness of the iron....greed and addiction come to mind. My family were poor and I could not afford them as a young lad, but now I can. Some of the richer Forum members may collect Ferraris, yachts and Faberge Eggs, that's a bit way out of my league - I'm happy with the old boingers and can't get enough of them.......

Because I find it much easier to buy things than sell them.

Ok I’ve got six pcp’s now plus a theoben gas ram evolution. For many years I’ve had several rifles, but when I first entered the pcp game it dropped to one than two until up to what I’ve got now. At the moment in my mind each rifle bar one has a use for me. The only one that doesn’t is a Daystate hi-lite in .22 which I was silly not to buy, as I knew it had only shot a couple hundred pellets a tin at most! And paid £650, was going to sell it on after a while, but am thinking that I’m going to get a night sight and put on either that or my other .22 BUt as I say all bar that have a part to play in my vermin control

Red face

I had the bug bad but haven't bought anything weeks now!

I sold a few cheapo SMK's on a few weeks ago then bought four or five more

I've around 160 again and am starting to get bored as I never see them now (All locked away in the gunroom, Takes bleddy ages to get them out!) so i'm getting an urge to thin out again, Not that I thinned out the last time, I just got the urge then was talked out of it by friends!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Really.......

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I find this option also works very well :-

Attachment 281873

Edit :- and don't you buggers coming to the Boinger Bash this weekend drop me in it -----------------------------again.
    I have a friend who leaves the house with an empty gun slip given some support with a shotgun cleaning rod then he comes back with his new purchase and it goes in the safe just like your picture there!

I also know at least two guys who have "confession letters" as they don't want (if the time comes) their widows selling their guns for the amount they have told them they payed for them?
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

I presently have a forum member on his way to me with my ninth gun of the year --- unfortunately I had to fess up to this one as he's delivering to my house.

Because we can!