Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do we have more than one or two guns ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Here may I draw your attention to member ​negotiator's BBS avatar.
    Very good, G.

image.png

I work it the easy way though, once you have over 100 guns they tend not to notice any new arrivals --- or they simply give up.

My wife left and left me with the house, the kids and her mint condition AA S200 0.177.

I love my solicitor.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Very good, G.

image.png

I work it the easy way though, once you have over 100 guns they tend not to notice any new arrivals --- or they simply give up.
    Extremely funny, the both.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quantity is important when training your spouse....

At first there is resistance on their part, countered by your perseverance and the odd bit of misdirection, then there is sarcasm before they finally decide you're just un-trainable

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Quantity is important when training your spouse....

At first there is resistance on their part, countered by your perseverance and the odd bit of misdirection, then there is sarcasm before they finally decide you're just un-trainable
    I find this option also works very well :-

image.jpeg

Edit :- and don't you buggers coming to the Boinger Bash this weekend drop me in it -----------------------------again.

Unframed Dave is online now World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I really don't understand the collecting thing.
    Nobody's asking you to. I don't think that those of us who collect understand why, we just accept the pleasure gladly.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I was a big club shooter at one time.

I just liked taking and shooting a different rifle every week.

Now I just like hunting with different rifles.
    Master Debater

Saturday: HW80 .22
    Sunday: HW80 .177
    Monday: HW80 .20
    Tuesday: HW97 .20
    Wednesday: HW77 .177
    Thursday: BSA Mercury .177
    Friday: BSA 635 Magnum .25

Oh and I've got another HW80 coming, in .25.

That's for Bank Holidays.

Answer your question?

Oh Barry ... Smell the coffee. For when you have the bug you are doomed, and for as long as you are hooked (for the majority of us, once bitten and smitten, that's yer lot, lol), your air arsenal holdings will fluctuate, and will most likely be an organic and ever changing entity, with increases in numbers held being dictated by impulse and passion, and macro economics coupled with the duo of rationalisation and guilt dictating the decreases in a sort of Ying-Yang swing.

My max holding reached 68 assorted air guns circa 2010 (coincidently the band 'The Alarm' had a chart-topping single back in the early 1980s entitled '68 Guns' which is one of my all time favourites), and my minimum air gun holdings since the 1990s saw numbers dwindle to just four during my divorce, which finally freed me in 2016.

Today I have an organic dozen air guns, although at any one time, it is fair to say, that as not all of these are 'keepers', that some are just passing through ...

So Barry my friend, you are 'infected' and I proffer in denial, as unless you have external pressing economics draining on your financial recourses, as sure as eggs is eggs -- and notwithstanding the completion of any air gun detox programs you may enter into (lol) -- your holding will increase again, I'll bet you a mint condition boxed BSA Airsporter on it.
    Similar situation with me, had a room full of guns, fantastic collection of Webley pistols, starting again after a divorce ie with a empty house! I sold everything 35+ air rifles 20 pistols, shotguns and rim fires, even handed in my FAC. Was left with my child hood Webley hawk and premier. Now back upto 20 rifles and pistols that need reducing as space and finances dictate.

Here may I draw your attention to member ​negotiator's BBS avatar.

Cheers Gareth LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Nobody's asking you to. I don't think that those of us who collect understand why, we just accept the pleasure gladly.

Dave
    I think it's a sort of addiction, and probably one for which there is no known cure

more than 1

Reminds me of flyrods and side by sides.

Variety, having a choice, why not?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by negotiator View Post

I think it's a sort of addiction, and probably one for which there is no known cure
    And long may your latter point remain so.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by negotiator View Post

Cheers Gareth LMAO
    You are most welcome.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

When I was 15, I could neither afford nor was I allowed to have more than 1. Now I'm in my 40s, I can. That's probably why. My Daystate is probably the only rifle I need, but I love having a play with the Meteors and Mercurys; they're a lot more fun and personable than the clinical PCP. Some I'll hardly ever use (the Relum springs to mind, although I bought it because it was ridiculously cheap, plus it's bombproof), some I'll use a lot, and there's still more that I intend to get. Plus, I have plenty of room in my "gun cupboard" for them, so why not?