Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
Cool. The HW45 is in my top 5 pistols for sure. Yeah ,isn't that kit nice. What I took from that is now on rebuilds I slip in nylon washers where I can. Reducing some metal on metal. Just got a nice assortment of nylon washers from Amazon. It adds a bit more compression on one the spring. The preload.
I'm resealing my Diana mod. 10 and I've slipped in some at the bottom of the spring guide tubes where the springs rest. I finally got around to mastering the reseal for the Mod's 6 and 10 which have the Giss system. Of all the different types of recoil containment I think the Giss does the best job. They are nice to shoot,a little strange even at first. I always like a nice spring piston recoiler though. Have you noticed the smoothness in the cocking and firing ? It's worth the light power reduction when the spring is shortened I think.You gain some back when the nylon washers/bushings are installed. I've never had much dieseling from my 45's. Right now I've got all three calibers. I'll be selling one soon,the 20 cal. I'm putting a bunch of items up for sale in the next day or two.10 or 12 pistols and some assorted hand grips and barrels. One barrel is a .22 cal. for the HW 45. .....Well I'm rambling....Gonna go run up to my pistol nook and shoot before the
Mrs. gets home. Chow
. Do you have a link for the washers