Thread: Centre10 smallbore rifle.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Center10

Hi, a friend of mine has a walther smallbore target rifle in a very nice laminate center10 stock if this is of any interest ?

As of 1994, The Old Telephone Exchange, Kingston Blount, OX9 4RT. Telephone was 0844 353614.

Are you after spares?

Thanks All,
    Thanks Tim, bit more than spares. I am after one and I'm sure there was a lightweight one about at some point, which I think is back with John.
    Primarily the plan is to get a barrel and action and modify a stock to suit. At some point I'll put a small lightweight barrel in it and my son can hopefully transition from bench rest to full prone.

Until then it will be (if I find one) my prone rifle..... lots of if's and buts involved with this plan though.

Bing!

There was indeed a UIT Standard version. I think the Standard came out before the Free Rifle. Barrel was 650x21mm - ish, so a fraction lighter than an Anschutz xx07.

I didn't realise that John was still making actions. I thought that had folded in the '90s. I'm sure the receivers were cast, which would make small runs tricky.

As I understand things John may well be able to piece one together ? I'm not looking for a brand new one, secondhand all the way. I was hoping John would be able to help with that and possible spares.
    If you know of anyone?

Thanks,
    Bing!

Sadly I don't know of any locally.

Out of interest why a Centre-10? The bolt appears to be shorter than an Anschutz 54, but so is a Walther KK or a Valmet.

Heard good things about them years ago and passed up the opportunity to buy one, I know of a couple of fellow shooters in my area who have them and want to hang on to them. Admittedly they don't use them as there goto rifles.....?!!
    In short, I quite fancy owning one. Bit different and hopefully the shillen barrels will still be up to it. Be nice to chop about a stock to fit the action and my son, square action makes it easier.

Bing!