Thread: Daysate Servicing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Friend had the same problem at the range and another shooter suggested changing the probe seal....and it was instantly a tac driver.....bloody tiny o ring made a £1000 rifle shoot like a gat

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Daystate Mk4

Thanks for the helpful responses. Much appreciated.
    The gun is 0.20 calibre. Will the probe O-ring be calibre specific or will the probe O-ring for 0.22 calibre fit.

O-rings readily available on bay.

Thanks
    Al.
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

Thumbs down Daystate Mk4

Fitted a new probe O-ring. No better.
    Worse still when I tried to fill it up it began leaking air at around 150 Barg. Appears to be coming from a point where barrel meets the action. Loses pressure quite quickly.

Thought I would take it to Customguns at Hartlepool. However it would appear that he stopped accepting work in September. Showing "permanently closed" on internet.

Anyone any further thoughts or is it a hefty bill coming my way.

Thanks
    Al.
    AlBur

Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    Worse still when I tried to fill it up it began leaking air at around 150 Barg. Appears to be coming from a point where barrel meets the action. Loses pressure quite quickly.

Thought I would take it to Customguns at Hartlepool. However it would appear that he stopped accepting work in September. Showing "permanently closed" on internet.

Thanks
    Al.
    Try filling with the probe locked forward

sounds like your harper valve seal may be knackered, the harper valve is a doddle to work on as its an open design, if seal was inconsistent that may also explain the scattering of shots, did you check the Map to find a premier partner near you?

Staffordshire custom are very vey good and half the price of Daystate. I asked how much a service would cost and almost had a third heart attack. All of DS dealers should be capable of doing the work

Deleted post
    Last edited by jim caffery; 04-09-2019 at 07:30 AM.

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post

Thanks
    Al.
    Mate I have worked on a few Daystate but have not done anything with their regs. Most Daystate are easy to work on provided you take your time. The biggest problem I had was that most people who work on them seem unwilling to share any information. I have some seals that may fit your rifle. Contact Daystate and ask them for the seal sizes for your rifle then give me a shout, if I have them I will send you them FOC.

At the end of the day rule out what you can yourself first, it sounds like a possible easy fix in your case so I would not be prepared to shell out cash from the word go paying someone else. If I can help please contact me.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

if it is the valve seal then removal requires a long tool specifically designed for the task as these mk4 use the same mono tube design as the huntsman classic, dont be frightened to work on them as they are made of tough materials

I have a long like fork tool

HI,I have a long like fork tool what i got made years ago, and think it was for a huntsman its in the cubard , you are more than wecome to come and borrow it , atvb bob.

Thumbs down Mk 4 Leak

Daystate Mk 4.
    Took the stock off & began charging it up. Air leaking from a round, gold coloured, part which is screwed into the bottom of the AIR CYLINDER just in front of the battery. It has a soft rubber top & air is leaking from the top.
    There is a part # on it 53656.

Will someone please enlighten me what this part is called & can I readily buy & replace it.

Many Thanks for the helpful responses.

Regards
    Al.
    Last edited by AlBur; 04-11-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    AlBur