Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daysate Servicing

Staffordshire custom are very vey good and half the price of Daystate. I asked how much a service would cost and almost had a third heart attack. All of DS dealers should be capable of doing the work

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by AlBur View Post
    Fitted a new probe O-ring. No better.
    Worse still when I tried to fill it up it began leaking air at around 150 Barg. Appears to be coming from a point where barrel meets the action. Loses pressure quite quickly.

Thought I would take it to Customguns at Hartlepool. However it would appear that he stopped accepting work in September. Showing "permanently closed" on internet.

Anyone any further thoughts or is it a hefty bill coming my way.

Thanks
    Al.
    Mate I have worked on a few Daystate but have not done anything with their regs. Most Daystate are easy to work on provided you take your time. The biggest problem I had was that most people who work on them seem unwilling to share any information. I have some seals that may fit your rifle. Contact Daystate and ask them for the seal sizes for your rifle then give me a shout, if I have them I will send you them FOC.

At the end of the day rule out what you can yourself first, it sounds like a possible easy fix in your case so I would not be prepared to shell out cash from the word go paying someone else. If I can help please contact me.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

if it is the valve seal then removal requires a long tool specifically designed for the task as these mk4 use the same mono tube design as the huntsman classic, dont be frightened to work on them as they are made of tough materials

I have a long like fork tool

HI,I have a long like fork tool what i got made years ago, and think it was for a huntsman its in the cubard , you are more than wecome to come and borrow it , atvb bob.

Darlington. The Land of the Prince Bishops Durham

Thumbs down Mk 4 Leak

Daystate Mk 4.
    Took the stock off & began charging it up. Air leaking from a round, gold coloured, part which is screwed into the bottom of the AIR CYLINDER just in front of the battery. It has a soft rubber top & air is leaking from the top.
    There is a part # on it 53656.

Will someone please enlighten me what this part is called & can I readily buy & replace it.

Many Thanks for the helpful responses.

Regards
    Al.
    Last edited by AlBur; 04-11-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    AlBur
    Always Remember "Utopia Does NOT Exist"

Daystate Mk 4.
    Took the stock off & began charging it up. Air leaking from a round, gold coloured, part which is screwed into the bottom of the barrel just in front of the battery. It has a soft rubber top & air is leaking from the top.

Will someone please enlighten me what this part is called & can I readily buy & replace it.

Regards
    Al.
    Is it here ? https://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co...ed-Diagram.pdf

do you mean literally just in front of the battery, goes into the bottom of the cylinder, wires coming out of it? if so that would be your pressure sensor

Daystate Mk 4.
    Took the stock off & began charging it up. Air leaking from a round, gold coloured, part which is screwed into the bottom of the barrel just in front of the battery. It has a soft rubber top & air is leaking from the top.

Regards
    Al.
    I'll be driving down from the NE to Stafford in a week. I can drop it off at Stafford custom rifles if you like?
    Saves an rfd transfer fee.

I won't be back up to the NE for a month or so, but if that time frame is any good for I could return as well.
    If not, Rfd-Rfd?

A good friend back home has recently used SCR & he's over the moon with the job he's done.

Good luck getting it sorted whatever the route.

Mk4

Screws into AIR CYLINDER. Wires coming out of it. Plugs in underneath the battery plug. Correct. Realised after posting I had made a mistake in my location description..
    So it is the pressure sensor. As I stated it has a soft cover on it from which the air is leaking. Does this mean the sensor needs replacing or is it an indication of another fault ??.

Can I replace the sensor. Where can I buy the part.

How do I ensure air cylinder is completely depressured before removing the pressure sensor.

Regards & Thanks
    Al
    Last edited by AlBur; 04-11-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    AlBur

depressurise cylinder by using a small object to depress the valve core on your filler valve,

probably just seals that need replacement not sensor itself, email daystate for genuine parts or places like , bagnall and kirkwood etc will stock them too

Mk 4

Removed the Pressure Sensor. 2 O-rings in brass supports rings on sensor threads. Would have expected only 1. However 1 O-ring is damaged.
    However, as per post #18 I now know why you need the "long tool" to replace the sensor. The part into which the sensor screws is free to "wander up & down inside the air cylinder".
    A little knowledge springs to mind.

So assuming sensor is okay it needs a new O-ring. Guess it's bite the bullet and off to Pickering Guns to pay whatever the bill.

Al
    AlBur

I have not got a schematic diagram to look at, but your problem with the wandering part brought the following to mind:
    A while ago I needed to replace the doughty seal (8mm) on the pressure gauge on a Daystate Merlyn. The gauge screwed into a brass adaptor which screwed into a loose bit in the cylinder. Here are my notes:

' Leak found at the pressure gauge brass adaptor to the cylinder. Seal is 8mm Dowty. Bought from (id 8mm, od 14mm), fitted and hopefully leak cured. Take care if doing it again as the brass adaptor screws into a ‘loose’ part in the cylinder, so keep cylinder horizontal, gauge up, when removing gauge.'

When I realised the part was loose, it had already moved a bit so the threads were not lining up. I seem to remember using a small drift to tease the part such that the threads were aligned, holding cylinder above my head and then slowly and carefully engaging the adaptor threads. It worked. Now I don't know but could part be the same? So could you get it aligned with a bit of dexterity?

Cheers, Phil

Electronic rifles can be a pain in the bottom. Daystate service charges are not cheap at all. In their defence they do change out a hell of a lot of the electronic parts and update the firm ware and that’s the bit that’s kept close hold. DS run training courses for all of their dealers they come away with the important plug and play computer. If you do go to a gun smith ask if they have said computer if not walk away.

The lads at Staffordshire air rifles are on the ball.

Mk4

Tried for ages with the "Phil" method to refit the Pressure Sensor. Unfortunately the free floating piece in the cylinder is just not heavy enough. as soon as the sensor touches it, it moves.

Read through some older posts. Is the guy at Seaham still "fettling" airguns ??. Contact details please if he is taking in work.

(as I stated earlier premierpistol of Hartlepool is no longer taking in work. Stopped in September).

Would appreciate being pointed in the direction of someone who has the wherewithal to refit the pressure sensor with new O-rings for me & confirm gun is leak free..

Thanks
    Al.
    AlBur

Tried for ages with the "Phil" method to refit the Pressure Sensor. Unfortunately the free floating piece in the cylinder is just not heavy enough. as soon as the sensor touches it, it moves.

Read through some older posts. Is the guy at Seaham still "fettling" airguns ??. Contact details please if he is taking in work.

(as I stated earlier premierpistol of Hartlepool is no longer taking in work. Stopped in September).

Would appreciate being pointed in the direction of someone who has the wherewithal to refit the pressure sensor with new O-rings for me & confirm gun is leak free..

Thanks
    Al.
    Dave Brayford at SCR
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC