Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2018 - GRAND FINALE RESULTS

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Sussex Interclub HFT 2018 - GRAND FINALE RESULTS

Hi Folks

Last SIHFT post of the year (bar possibility that we'll launch the 2019 timetable).

HUGE thanks to a bunch of people at Ford HFT who prepared a feast of shooting madness for us today. Particular mention must go to Lol for his hard graft in the workshop to produce another bevvy of amazingly non UKAHFT compliant targets.

Which of you last shot at a Dinner Plate (complete with knife and fork), or at a 40mm kill target which had a paddle just 15mm in diameter, or at its twin sister the 40mm kill with a hole in the middle of the kill? There was also the ridiculously easy 70mm kill too - or it might have been were it not waaay out there. How far, I am truly unsure - I've heard estimates ranging from 55 to 70 yards. Not a complete list, but there are photo's to be found elsewhere on the BBS and on our Facebook page for those who wish to go-look-see. Very inventive, young Lol, and much appreciated.

There were no special prizes for the day - just bragging rights. Given the strength and variability of the wind, Kev Catt's table topping 57 (out of 64) is pretty amazing, as were the achievement of the lucky 7 who managed to knock over the 50 yard Kneeler with its 15mm kills Charity Special.

Name Club Class Score (ex 64) Charity Bunny
    Kevin Catt Meon Valley Open 57
    Roger Dibbens Buxted Open 56 Y
    Ewan Hobbs Iden Fern Open 56
    Spencer Bailey Buxted Open 55
    Howard Kalisch Buxted Open 55
    Charles Peal Oaks Open 55 Y
    Colin Medway Meon Valley Open 54
    Derek Watson Horsham Open 54
    Abigail Maw Buxted Junior 53
    Justin Rayner Buxted Open 53
    Mike Burgess Swallows Open 52 Y
    Aaron Friend Oaks Open 52
    Darren Purnell Buxted Open 52
    Graeme Cargan Oaks Open 51
    Kevin Hills Buxted Open 51
    Mark Rackley Meon Valley Open 51
    Andy Simpson Buxted Open 51
    Glen Turner Ford Open 51
    Jean Greatrex Maldon Ladies 50
    Scott Somerville Meon Valley Junior 50
    Dean Yaxley Meon Valley Open 50 Y
    Phil Moody Horsham Open 49
    Jon Newton-May Buxted Open 49
    Roy Pearce Iden Fern Open 49
    Don Vickers Meon Valley Open 49
    Nigel Buchan Buxted Open 48
    Steb Martinez Ford Open 48 Y
    Kevin Maw Buxted Open 48 Y
    Kevin McMenamin Visitor Open 48
    Justin Roberts Ford Open 48
    Paul Somerville Meon Valley Open 48
    Pat Fitzgerald Ford Recoiling 47
    Vince Guy Swallows Open 47
    Nick Byrne Oaks .22 46
    Barbara Pearce Iden Fern Ladies 46
    Kevin Wickson Buxted Open 46
    Steve Britland Horsham Open 45
    Gabriel Hobbs Iden Fern Primary 45
    Gary Morrison Buxted Open 45
    Neil Parrott Meon Valley Open 45
    Nick Orr Oaks Open 44
    Mary Rackley Visitor Ladies 44
    Simon Whittick Horsham Open 44
    Paul Charman Swallows Open 43
    Russ Connor Buxted Recoiling 42
    Sarah Vickers Meon Valley Ladies 41
    Paul Bradford Buxted Open 39 Y
    Greet Hopper Ford Open 38
    Alice Kennedy Ford Junior 38
    Dermot Kennedy Ford Open 37
    Phil Beaton Horsham Open 35
    Harvey Friend Oaks Junior 33
    Martin Rawlings Swallows Open 33
    Lol Moore Ford Open DNF

I will publish an easier on the eye version of the above shortly.

The Charity side shoot raised £108 for the Poppy Appeal, topped up to £110 by Ford. Well done to all for this - including the 'lucky 7' who knocked the 15mm target at 50 yards and who could have taken their share of the funds but chose to leave it in the pot for a very worthwhile charity

Apart from issuing some uncollected Platinums (Abi, Scott and a very excited Cargs), that only left us to hand out the individual trophies and the Team Trophy and then to conduct the end-of-year prize draw.

The rules say that as well as participating in at least 6 comps throughout the year, you also had to be here to win if your name/number was drawn.

The results were:

Kev Hills was first out the hat/bag, drawing number 20 to take home a beautiful looking Air Arms TX200 in a walnut stock

Justin Roberts took the first of the cash prizes, collecting an envelope with £200. I'm sure that no one will whisper that a certain, larger than life, MAD member's name was first out of the hat for this - but it looks as though he was having a grand day out in Benelux, winning the Springer Class.

Sarah Vickers was next, winning the £100 prize

Winning £75 was Paul Bradford

And finally, Dame Barbara Pearce walked away with 5 freshly ironed £10 notes.

I think that's it, confident that someone will shout if I have forgotten to recall and record something
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

For those of you who prefer something easier of the eye to read, today's results table in pdf form can be found HERE

For any SIHFT 'regulars' who remain unaware, we do have a Facebook page. We try out best to keep postings here (BBS) mirrored on Facebook, but worth keeping an eye on both. If you've not already signed up to the FB page, you can find it HERE. It's a closed group, but put in an application and, subject to 'vetting', we'll open the door for you.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

My very modest haul for the day was 45, Mike - regretfully I didn't make the dizzy heights of 46....

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Big thanks to Mike and Charles for all the number crunching through out the season.

We are in our 12th year counting the first un-recognised season and the end of season has always been at the hosting clubs discretion. I have got to say for effort and originality Ford you surpassed all who have gone before. Bravo.

Also for the winners and losers percentage percentage percentage. Targets down mean nothing.

Big thanks to Kev Hills today for all the entertainment. Thanks to the Lord you won the raffle.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

That was by far the best non UK competition that I have ever shot. Well done Ford (and that devious Lol) for coming up with a great idea for the end of season SIHFT. I certainly think that format is worth repeating!

Not only were the targets unusual and challenging, but they made us practice our positionals!!!! Eight times!!!!!!!! Not to mention try and out think the wind!!

Biggles, Lol said the 70mm was out at 58 yards when I asked him.

Well done Kev on the top score, a worthy win.

Well done to all the season's winners, and Buxted for taking the team title yet again!!!! I'm so glad Dame Barbara took a cash prize home with her!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most importantly, many thanks to Charles and Mike for all your hard work in running the series - sorting us all out and getting scores collated quickly at each round.

Now looking forward to the Southern Hunters!
    Jean
    M.A.D./AIR ARMS team. Spirit of HFT 2018.

Smiles....

Smiles all around, that was the aim and it seems the Fordies hit the spot.

You get out what you put in, I dont know about my fellow Fordies but the comments above make the effort worthwhile

All I can say about the targets, in the words of Bachman Turner Overdrive, is...you aint seen nothing yet

The only downer for me is that piece of German sh1te I am currently shooting, when its on, by far the most accurate rifle I have ever owned but my word, is it temperamental, we were half way round and I had only dropped 2 points, when instead of that lovely crack, donk....it just farted and the pellet fell out the end

Thanks to the "two Ronnies" for all that number crunching...and to those incredible shots (or lucky buggers) who got the bonus and left it in the pot.
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Quote Originally Posted by fastnick View Post
    My very modest haul for the day was 45, Mike - regretfully I didn't make the dizzy heights of 46....
    Sorry to disappoint, Nick. Just double checked and it's definitely a 46.

Give in graciously

And no Stoppages
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Donation

Hello all,

I have just made a donation of £110 to the British Leigon Poppy Appeal.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/187286...44038745615733

Thank you very much for all of your support!

Steb 😊
    Last edited by Herp; 29-10-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herp View Post
    Hello all,

I have just made a donation of £110 to the British Leigon Poppy Appeal.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/187286...44038745615733

Thank you very much for all of your support!

Steb 😊
    times TEN

One grin for every £1 donated

Would have posted 110 grins, but the BBS limit is 13 in a single post.

Biggles

Here you go...

Top work Steb.

I forgot to add to my post, well done all the series winners, special mention to Pat, the FORDIE....with a trophy, way to go mate, I sensed his heart rate climb, maybe got into double figure beats per minute

Also Si and Steve, it was fun
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
    Smiles all around, that was the aim and it seems the Fordies hit the spot.

You get out what you put in, I dont know about my fellow Fordies but the comments above make the effort worthwhile

All I can say about the targets, in the words of Bachman Turner Overdrive, is...you aint seen nothing yet

The only downer for me is that piece of German sh1te I am currently shooting, when its on, by far the most accurate rifle I have ever owned but my word, is it temperamental, we were half way round and I had only dropped 2 points, when instead of that lovely crack, donk....it just farted and the pellet fell out the end

Thanks to the "two Ronnies" for all that number crunching...and to those incredible shots (or lucky buggers) who got the bonus and left it in the pot.
    Fantastic course and an end to the sihft..thoroughly enjoyed it christmas songs as well cargy christmas.
    Lol moore some superb and novel targets nice bit of money raised also...cheers Charles and Mike another superb series. Thanks fordies also. Well done all class and trophy winners top bombing.

Thank you

Got to admit i wasn't really looking forward to the format , or the wind lol .... but was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it all ran , and a lot quicker than i thought .

A power washer snapping and disintegrating after 3 pegs didn't help my score at all but all in all still had a giggle and a laugh .

Thanks to all who set the course and to Charles and Mike for all they do and well done to all who hit the 15mm that was in the next postcode .

The Banter and camaraderie in our little world is what makes this sport one i wished I'd taken up years ago , its a lot easier than getting kicked punched and choked out lol .

Also a massive well done to my team mates BUXTED HFT , stuck with it while the "Joaks" had their day , and then came back to spank them like a naughty ginger stepchild , two years on the spin.

Finally , to make the whole day an absolute corker Kev Hills after winning the new walnut stocked TX200 , drove me home and when he gave me a hand out the car to get my kit , said Merry Christmas and handed me the rifle .... i was gobsmacked (it don't happen often) and proper choked .... He just looked at me and said "it had your name on the second my name was called, i would rather give it to a mate who i know wants one than sell it for a few quid and i'm not into springers" ....

KEV HILLS you my friend are a star .... Thank you very much !
    HW100 Hunting tool, HW97 Reaper Titanium Piston (The reaper of pcp souls) Sponsored by Greggs
    Grizzly Catapult Team , Ireland/Buxted HFT

Not that any was required, but that little story goes to once again show what a top chap Mr Hills is - and as an added bonus, the TX has gone to a very good home where it will be loved and let out to play at every opportunity.

Nice one, Kevin - very nice one.......

Enjoyed that, my 1st experience of any sort of 3P shooting didn't start well with a big fat doughnut but it picked up after that. Cheers to Russ and Kev for the chat and advice. It's been said already but its as much the company as the shooting. Glad the crunchy cock was nothing serious Russ.
    More thanks to the organisers of the round and series and will do it all again next year.
    Cheers