Hi Folks

Last SIHFT post of the year (bar possibility that we'll launch the 2019 timetable).

HUGE thanks to a bunch of people at Ford HFT who prepared a feast of shooting madness for us today. Particular mention must go to Lol for his hard graft in the workshop to produce another bevvy of amazingly non UKAHFT compliant targets.

Which of you last shot at a Dinner Plate (complete with knife and fork), or at a 40mm kill target which had a paddle just 15mm in diameter, or at its twin sister the 40mm kill with a hole in the middle of the kill? There was also the ridiculously easy 70mm kill too - or it might have been were it not waaay out there. How far, I am truly unsure - I've heard estimates ranging from 55 to 70 yards. Not a complete list, but there are photo's to be found elsewhere on the BBS and on our Facebook page for those who wish to go-look-see. Very inventive, young Lol, and much appreciated.

There were no special prizes for the day - just bragging rights. Given the strength and variability of the wind, Kev Catt's table topping 57 (out of 64) is pretty amazing, as were the achievement of the lucky 7 who managed to knock over the 50 yard Kneeler with its 15mm kills Charity Special.

Name Club Class Score (ex 64) Charity Bunny
Kevin Catt Meon Valley Open 57
Roger Dibbens Buxted Open 56 Y
Ewan Hobbs Iden Fern Open 56
Spencer Bailey Buxted Open 55
Howard Kalisch Buxted Open 55
Charles Peal Oaks Open 55 Y
Colin Medway Meon Valley Open 54
Derek Watson Horsham Open 54
Abigail Maw Buxted Junior 53
Justin Rayner Buxted Open 53
Mike Burgess Swallows Open 52 Y
Aaron Friend Oaks Open 52
Darren Purnell Buxted Open 52
Graeme Cargan Oaks Open 51
Kevin Hills Buxted Open 51
Mark Rackley Meon Valley Open 51
Andy Simpson Buxted Open 51
Glen Turner Ford Open 51
Jean Greatrex Maldon Ladies 50
Scott Somerville Meon Valley Junior 50
Dean Yaxley Meon Valley Open 50 Y
Phil Moody Horsham Open 49
Jon Newton-May Buxted Open 49
Roy Pearce Iden Fern Open 49
Don Vickers Meon Valley Open 49
Nigel Buchan Buxted Open 48
Steb Martinez Ford Open 48 Y
Kevin Maw Buxted Open 48 Y
Kevin McMenamin Visitor Open 48
Justin Roberts Ford Open 48
Paul Somerville Meon Valley Open 48
Pat Fitzgerald Ford Recoiling 47
Vince Guy Swallows Open 47
Nick Byrne Oaks .22 46
Barbara Pearce Iden Fern Ladies 46
Kevin Wickson Buxted Open 46
Steve Britland Horsham Open 45
Gabriel Hobbs Iden Fern Primary 45
Gary Morrison Buxted Open 45
Neil Parrott Meon Valley Open 45
Nick Orr Oaks Open 44
Mary Rackley Visitor Ladies 44
Simon Whittick Horsham Open 44
Paul Charman Swallows Open 43
Russ Connor Buxted Recoiling 42
Sarah Vickers Meon Valley Ladies 41
Paul Bradford Buxted Open 39 Y
Greet Hopper Ford Open 38
Alice Kennedy Ford Junior 38
Dermot Kennedy Ford Open 37
Phil Beaton Horsham Open 35
Harvey Friend Oaks Junior 33
Martin Rawlings Swallows Open 33
Lol Moore Ford Open DNF

I will publish an easier on the eye version of the above shortly.

The Charity side shoot raised £108 for the Poppy Appeal, topped up to £110 by Ford. Well done to all for this - including the 'lucky 7' who knocked the 15mm target at 50 yards and who could have taken their share of the funds but chose to leave it in the pot for a very worthwhile charity

Apart from issuing some uncollected Platinums (Abi, Scott and a very excited Cargs), that only left us to hand out the individual trophies and the Team Trophy and then to conduct the end-of-year prize draw.

The rules say that as well as participating in at least 6 comps throughout the year, you also had to be here to win if your name/number was drawn.

The results were:

Kev Hills was first out the hat/bag, drawing number 20 to take home a beautiful looking Air Arms TX200 in a walnut stock

Justin Roberts took the first of the cash prizes, collecting an envelope with £200. I'm sure that no one will whisper that a certain, larger than life, MAD member's name was first out of the hat for this - but it looks as though he was having a grand day out in Benelux, winning the Springer Class.

Sarah Vickers was next, winning the £100 prize

Winning £75 was Paul Bradford

And finally, Dame Barbara Pearce walked away with 5 freshly ironed £10 notes.

I think that's it, confident that someone will shout if I have forgotten to recall and record something