Thread: Edgun matador r5m

Edgun matador r5m

Evening folks,

Just looking for an opinion on the edgun matadors, I have an r10 rs ltd edition and hw100 ks just wondered if it's worth adding an edgun to the roster? Sub 12 so non FAC yet...

Tha is in advance for the help.

Kind regards,

Chris

Edgun Matador R5M

Was hoping there would be some input to your post as I am thinking of going the same route. I have the Leshiy at the moment and it is great but might have to go if I go for the Matador.
    Regards ... Jim.

Sorry, I must have missed this when it was first posted.

Edgun Matadors are fantastic rifles - you'll certainly notice a difference to your R10 and HW100. Obviously, the handling characteristics will be different and, I found it to be less refined than an HW100 but, that's not a bad thing.
    They feel very solid and well made - the one that I had was easily as accurate as my HW100.

For a bullpup they do give a good shot count as the air cylinder is quite large, running almost the full length of the rifle.

I found it easy to track on aim when hunting during the day and, also easy to use with a NS Viper as night.

If I had to give one criticism, it would be the loading bolt right at the back of the action - this makes it near impossible to stay on aim while you reload.
    I'd like to see a side lever or semi bullpup version.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post

If I had to give one criticism, it would be the loading bolt right at the back of the action - this makes it near impossible to stay on aim while you reload.
    I'd like to see a side lever or semi bullpup version.
    Not on R5M mate. It has got cocking bolt right in the middle and on both sides too...

Quote Originally Posted by arto1977 View Post
    Not on R5M mate. It has got cocking bolt right in the middle and on both sides too...
    You're right - I stand corrected 👍

All of the above.

Infact, I've just read it again - my experience is based on the R3m, not the R5m.

I should have read the original post properly first, apologies chaps.

All of the above.

Are there any videos out there from the YouTube INFLUENCERs?

It has no long swinging out lever so will be harder to cycle and I read the magazines are shitty plastic
    Personally I don’t like the can design which is literally a can.

Edgun Matador R5M

The mags supplied I believe are Delrin and cycle better than the older aluminium ones, time will tell how long-lived they are but this material is widely used in this type of application.