Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another I.D Attempt

Another I.D Attempt

Evening all,

After a long absence from air I have the bug again. I dusted off my old faithful and just wondered if any of you find folk could help with i.d. she's a real tack driver. I did post a long while back (thread link below) but after exhausting all avenues gave up. If I could ask all to have a read through I would be much appreciative. There are a number of images to. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....lp-With-An-I-D

Thank you,

David.

Has a sort of Eastern look about it,

[IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I agree with my learned friend.
    India ,Pakistan Turkey China?

But no idea what it is.

What makes you think eastern if my ask gents.

The stock,trigger block and safety.
    Also most European airguns are well known.

One offs are more likely to be made in eg Pakistan where they can knock out a faux AK47 in 30 mins.
    Ok slight exaggeration

Quote Originally Posted by david1123 View Post
    Evening all,

After a long absence from air I have the bug again. I dusted off my old faithful and just wondered if any of you find folk could help with i.d. she's a real tack driver. I did post a long while back (thread link below) but after exhausting all avenues gave up. If I could ask all to have a read through I would be much appreciative. There are a number of images to. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....lp-With-An-I-D

Thank you,
    Y
    David.
    The rifle is a single stroke pneumatic invented and patented by a man by the name of William Boyle in the early 1950s, the patent No. is. 711542 I have a copy of the patent and drawings, too many pages to reproduce on here, this also covers the multi stroke version, as far as I know it did not go into production, a friend of mine bought all the prototypes when the inventor died, a few were incomplete, Some were sold on to a few collectors, I have worked on at least 3 of them and resealed them, they are a bit complicated to work on and very hard to pump. I hope this is the information you are after.

Cheers, Lawrie.
    Last edited by Lawrie Amatruda; 29-10-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    The rifle is a single stroke pneumatic invented and patented by a man by the name of William Boyle in the early 1950s, the patent No. is. 711542 I have a copy of the patent and drawings, too many pages to reproduce on here, this also covers the multi stroke version, as far as I know it did not go into production, a friend of mine bought all the prototypes when the inventor died, a few were incomplete, Some were sold on to a few collectors, I have worked on at least 3 of them and resealed them, they are a bit complicated to work on and very hard to pump. I hope this is the information you are after.

Cheers, Lawrie.
    From East Anglia Lawrie ?

If anybody was going to know.....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Mick suggested that David contact Lawrie in that original thread years ago
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Mick suggested that David contact Lawrie in that original thread years ago

image.jpeg

Lawrie I cannot express my thanks enough, she is a bit of a pig to work on, the main thing being the u-seal. If not careful ever so easy to damage getting in and at 5£ a pop! The trigger let's it down a bit to. No hammer as such it's like pushing a button, if you pull extremely carefully and slow the air vents out. Bit strange but it may be that iv not got her firing on all cylinders so to speak. Would she be regarded as collectible? I'll have to put a string of groups together and upload .22 but I just seem to point and she's on the money, absolute laser and without any exaggeration one of, if not the best air rifle iv ever owned. Plus it gives you a bit of excersise pumping the sucker up. Does this rifle have the feature like an inova i.e only a certain amount of pumps can be done to keep within? Again thanks to lawrie and the rest of you moteley bunch. I'm bang back on my air and loving it brass and powder has just lost it's apeal for more than one reason
    Last edited by david1123; 29-10-2018 at 08:11 PM.

I just noticed lawrie, you say single stroke, with one pump and I tried nothing as I thought perhaps a single. This rifle however can be pumped and then some.

Edit just noticed, sorry mine would be the multi stroke.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    sounds like a direct trip valve - very interesting...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

That's how my Brocock Fox operated. As you pull the trigger it moves a pin forward to push in the TAC valve. I think they did this to stop the Fox being converted to a .22 rimfire.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    That's how my Brocock Fox operated. As you pull the trigger it moves a pin forward to push in the TAC valve. I think they did this to stop the Fox being converted to a .22 rimfire.

Baz
    A bit strange and with this particular rifle you have to pull the trigger with a mix of two stage method with a bit of smash and grab mixed in. It would deffo benefit from a hammer. I was going to fab something/Frankenstein a hammer. I'm not entirely sure wether I should even be using this rifle as a go to i just do basic maintenance and point. Iv polished some turds in my time may be I should furb this up like a gent treats a lady! Excuse my ignorance Baz. what is an TAC valve?

David.