Thread: Purchasing air rifles on Egun.de

Purchasing air rifles on Egun.de

Has anyone any experience of purchasing from this site?

I'd be interested in the pro's and con's as there were a few items with international shipping available that interested me.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Has anyone any experience of purchasing from this site?

I'd be interested in the pro's and con's as there were a few items with international shipping available that interested me.
    I bid on and won my 1966 HW55T on egun and it was sent with no problems at all and arrived fine.

No sights but with original Shroud and decent metalwork and stock.

Including carriage it cost me £195.00

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I bought 2 Walther CP 2 CO2 match pistols a couple of years ago - No problem at all.

Have bought 3 guns fwb 300s / 300su / 601 with no issues, delivery normally is done via dhl and that should cost anywhere up to €30

I have found that for the guns I have been interested on they are cheaper and in better condition than what can be sourced here

I use the edge browser and enable the translator and that does a pretty good job of making everything understandable.

For my transactions I did a Western union bank transfer as you don't have to pay transaction charges as they make their money on the currency exchange (which I have normally found to be very reasonable)

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions

atb

Ive just registered on the site but when I try to log on it wont let me in.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Ive just registered on the site but when I try to log on it wont let me in.
    The email that they send in reply has a six digit code attached. You have to use that on your first log-in. It then gives you the ability to log on. The only troubles I've found are:
    * that the front page can be translated, but then you open other pages with no option to translate (unless it's my browser playing up).
    * attempts to question vendors regarding shipment costs have been met with " your account has not yet been validated" (in German), so maybe I need to exercise some patience (which is a problem when there are a couple of interesting items on there).

The email that they send in reply has a six digit code attached. You have to use that on your first log-in. It then gives you the ability to log on. The only troubles I've found are:
    * that the front page can be translated, but then you open other pages with no option to translate (unless it's my browser playing up).
    * attempts to question vendors regarding shipment costs have been met with " your account has not yet been validated" (in German), so maybe I need to exercise some patience (which is a problem when there are a couple of interesting items on there).
    Thank you Sir, that's a big Help, I'm in.

I wouldn't accept that lot, Mark --- point out who won the war.

That should get a reaction.

What ?

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I wouldn't accept that lot, Mark --- point out who won the war.

That should get a reaction.

What ?
    It's all down to Brexit I tell ya' (I'm not going there, the non-airgun lot'll jump topic)

So, a couple of days in and my account still isn't approved. Could any of you guys who have been able to purchase through Egun let me know how they got 'approved'?

At the moment they want a driving license and passport sent to them from me. Which seems dreadfully trusting of a site that doesn't state who it's going to share it's data with to check your ID and can't even muster an encrypted connection up for their website.

According to the last email received 'they' delete your data after it's checked. But they still want a passport and driving license sent over unencrypted email in clear format and held on their servers.

This sort of stuff is exactly why GDPR was brought in. I've asked a few detailed questions and i'll see what their response is.

Their response was to avoid answering who they share information with and to inform me they have deleted my account.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Their response was to avoid answering who they share information with and to inform me they have deleted my account.
    Well, tbh, the positives of accessing a European sales site have been outweighed by the loose control of my personal details. I'll not bother in the future.

Well, tbh, the positives of accessing a European sales site have been outweighed by the loose control of my personal details. I'll not bother in the future.
    Yeh it's a shame. Perhaps in the future they'll address it.