Thread: Classic 1986 HW55T match rifle

Classic 1986 HW55T match rifle. SOLD

SOLDThe next rifle I am selling from my collection is my 1986 HW55T. SOLD

I have owned a few of these lovely Tyrollean match rifles over the years, and this is by far the best example I have ever seen, and it is the one that I have kept safe in my own collection and enjoyed using (albeit infrequently) the most.

The woodwork and metalwork are both in top condition and a genuine new spring was found in a dealers "old stock" a few years ago and was fitted when the rifle was given its first service to check and see if the rifle was as good inside as it was outside - and it was - but it gained some fresh lubricant (and the new spring) in any case!

I think anyone who see's this rifle will agree that it is a fine example of what has become a very desirable and rare classic.

The rifle is not just for looking at! It is very accurate and makes an ideal classic rifle to shoot bell target or of course in our own MPL postal series!

I fitted a clear 3.8 front element and found that to be "just right" for bell target shooting and never changed it for shooting MPL targets either.

The rifle shoots with good power and is not one of the many that have been brutalised by fitting over-powered springs. This one purrs along nicely at 550 fps - enough for target work but can be easily "tweaked" if desired by adding a power washer under the spring (please don't do it!).

£495 will buy this classic.SOLD

I am still not able to load any pictures onto the BBS, but I will take some fresh ones tomorrow and would be happy to send them to anyone that is interested in buying it.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-11-2018 at 01:39 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I'd like to buy this please, Bob. Catch up later .

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I'd like to buy this please, Bob. Catch up later .
    OK Drew - thanks.

I will send you some pictures after I have taken them tomorrow - I think you will be pleased!

Bob.

This classic air rifle has now been SOLD and has a new home in Scotland.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-11-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.