https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...Gauge-210.html

"It's not legal for scoring NSRA comps, but won't interfere with shot holes, so you can give your cards the once over.

We use this for Dorset league scoring - if the cards are called in, as has happened, the scorer can use a plug gauge for the final adjudication"

Hi Mike,

We also used one of these in our club when we used to shoot Dorset League and Eley Competition etc - unfortunately it "vaporised" some time ago and has never been seen again!

Good clear shots that are either nicely in-between the scoring rings or those that clearly cut the line don't need a gauge to score, but for those "tight" shots it is a clear aid that works well and does not enter the shot hole.

It is also good value for money - and should last a lifetime ( as long as you don't "loose" it like we did ).

I will buy another one next time I order something from Intershoot.

I still have an old ".177 RIG EZE-SCORER" from the 1970's that has to be dropped into the shot hole and gives a nice clear magnified reading. This would be frowned upon these days as it has to enter the shot hole, but it is more than good enough for informal use in the club and makes a handy reference guide.

Bob.