Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10m scoring gauges.

10m scoring gauges.

Hi Guys,

I'd like a pair of 10m scoring gauges, one for pistol and one for rifle.
    I like the ones with the large rim that measure out to the next line (even better with a magnifier)

I've found the 10m pistol gauge on the NSRA shop, but not the rifle.
    The targets are clearly different, so struggling to find the rifle gauge with the wide rim.

https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/collections/scoring

Can anybody help me or even better sell me a pair? (or set )
    6yard rifle and pistol may well be useful as well if we're allowed to enter the MLP?

Thanks for any help.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    I've found the 10m pistol gauge on the NSRA shop, but not the rifle.

https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/collections/scoring
    It is on that page you've given a link to. Near the bottom.

"NSRA 6 Yrd and 10M Rifle Scoring Gauge"

Thanks, but that one doesn’t have the big next line rim?
    I’m obviously missing something here that I’m not understanding?

Why do some gauges have the big easy to read rim while others don't?

Don’t bother buying gauges, you only require them if you are an nominated club scorer. The only targets you could use them on would be training targets as you must not gauge or in any way interfere with the shot hole on competition targets. Instead invest in the TargetScan app which will provide all you need for the cost of about one gauge. More importantly, it also forms the basis of a very useful shooting diary.

Rutty

The air rifle gauges DO have a rim but only small. The same one serves 6yd and 10m because the rings are the same spacing.
    The .177 gauge does not have a rim and is for outer ring flyers.
    I am a club scorer and the four NSRA gauges are essential because different power weapons and variable cards give varying hole sizes.
    Download the NRSA scoring guide pdf.
    Generally you should not gauge your own cards if they are postal cards to be sent off as already stated. When any shot is gauged you must write next to it G+ or G- depending on how the decision went.
    Targetscan is good on iPhone not so good on android. Also with 5 spot rifle cards you need to scan each shot where pistol will scan up to 10 shots, so PIA for rifle.
    Last edited by TenMetrePeter; 06-11-2018 at 02:32 PM.

PS the “set of 4” is
    Air rifle
    10m pistol
    6yd pistol
    .177 plain

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    Don’t bother buying gauges, you only require them if you are an nominated club scorer. The only targets you could use them on would be training targets as you must not gauge or in any way interfere with the shot hole on competition targets. Instead invest in the TargetScan app which will provide all you need for the cost of about one gauge. More importantly, it also forms the basis of a very useful shooting diary.

Rutty
    Do they do a non Iphone version...'cos I do not do Apple!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Although I’ve now got the app, most of the time it’s a hateful pile of aggro!
    It will not read anything in the white, ever! misses shots totally, and puts shots where there are no shots!
    It works after a fashion, but only just.

Still, if you can’t stick gauges in your card, what other options are there?

How about this? https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...Gauge-210.html

It's not legal for scoring NSRA comps, but won:t interfere with shot holes, so you can give your cards the once over.

Although I’ve now got the app, most of the time it’s a hateful pile of aggro!
    It will not read anything in the white, ever! misses shots totally, and puts shots where there are no shots!
    It works after a fashion, but only just.

The app needs a really good camera and something like a light box behind it. I used to have a piece of frosted perspex to hold up to the light. Like I said earlier if you have a recent iphone and you shoot 5 shots per card pistol then give it a try. The droid version although cheaper has less analysis tools and without at least an 8 mp camera it will miss shots.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    How about this? https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...Gauge-210.html

It's not legal for scoring NSRA comps, but won:t interfere with shot holes, so you can give your cards the once over.

What Tim means is they are not legal for an official score to use, but many shooters use them and they are ideal to get an idea of the score on "Klingons" with out interfering with the hole which is naughty! But when it comes down to it only a gauge will give the accurate score.

The other option is only shoot 10.9's!
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Retracted_Yeti.... Yes there is an Android version for a tenner on the Google Play Store.
    TargetScan works best for me if I shine a light (torch) onto a sheet of white paper behind the target. For ease of use though, I intend to make a little light box.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Unless he developed it more the android version has much less analysis, such as superimposing many cards on top of each other for group anslysis and exporting results. It isn’t an android version of the same app that an iPhone user demonstrated to me before I bought the droid one. It has targets and a scan function and not much else. Maybe he has since taken notice of my request to add functions but his main plan seemed to be adding yet more targets.

Quote Originally Posted by TenMetrePeter View Post
    Unless he developed it more the android version has much less analysis, such as superimposing many cards on top of each other for group anslysis and exporting results. It isn’t an android version of the same app that an iPhone user demonstrated to me before I bought the droid one. It has targets and a scan function and not much else. Maybe he has since taken notice of my request to add functions but his main plan seemed to be adding yet more targets.
    Those features are available as an "in app purchase" for £7.99.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..