Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10m scoring gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    Those features are available as an "in app purchase" for £7.99.
    Atb
    Chris
    Ok fair enough but that doubles the price I paid to more than what the iphone version was.
    Neither versions is of use for 5 spot rifle targets. It takes almost as long to scan them as it did to shoot them. Using the two things either side of your nose takes 5 seconds.

Also annoys me that now I upgraded to iphone I would need to buy again. That applies to all apps of course.

Everything annoys me at my age i guess.
    Bah, xmas is coming now....

Target scan is rubbish, my app on an iPhone 6 can't pic up the holes, even with a light box. I made this light box with a battery powered set of LED's from Scambay, They have about 15 colours and 8 light levels per colour, nothing works as it should, not even the medium blue the app comes with.

https://ibb.co/mYAJZq

I did ask the question on the main forum, but naturally, it was ALL my fault, cos my LED's were crap, and my Phone was crap, I couldn't use the app, my car was the wrong colour, the sky was too sky coloured, there were only 12 months in a year, the sea is too wet etc etc etc.

The simple fact is, when I scan my shots, all most all the time I have to delete and/or move shots.
    But I feel it's the fairest way to score for the MPL as lots of my shots are VERY close to scoring rings and there is no official scorer to make the call for me, so the app will have to do (after manually lining up shots most times).

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim s View Post
    How about this? https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...Gauge-210.html

It's not legal for scoring NSRA comps, but won:t interfere with shot holes, so you can give your cards the once over.
    We use this for Dorset league scoring - if the cards are called in, as has happened, the scorer can use a plug gauge for the final adjudication.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalo...Gauge-210.html

"It's not legal for scoring NSRA comps, but won't interfere with shot holes, so you can give your cards the once over.

We use this for Dorset league scoring - if the cards are called in, as has happened, the scorer can use a plug gauge for the final adjudication"

Hi Mike,

We also used one of these in our club when we used to shoot Dorset League and Eley Competition etc - unfortunately it "vaporised" some time ago and has never been seen again!

Good clear shots that are either nicely in-between the scoring rings or those that clearly cut the line don't need a gauge to score, but for those "tight" shots it is a clear aid that works well and does not enter the shot hole.

It is also good value for money - and should last a lifetime ( as long as you don't "loose" it like we did ).

I will buy another one next time I order something from Intershoot.

I still have an old ".177 RIG EZE-SCORER" from the 1970's that has to be dropped into the shot hole and gives a nice clear magnified reading. This would be frowned upon these days as it has to enter the shot hole, but it is more than good enough for informal use in the club and makes a handy reference guide.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Gauges

Hi Derek.
    My solution for scoring postal cards is simple.I just stripped down the old type plug gauge and use the magnifying part to overlay on the target.
    The little hole where the actual gauge was fitted is just right for centering on the centre dot.

Personally, I think the postal comps should have all the declared top 10% of shot targets returned to be officially scored for the final official score before the results are published. We can all do our best to score honestly, but I'd sleep better at night if I could 'unload' the scoring responsibility onto somebody else

Obviously the entrant would cover the cost of targets returned, but that should all be part of a 'Postal Comp'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Personally, I think the postal comps should have all the declared top 10% of shot targets returned to be officially scored for the final official score before the results are published. We can all do our best to score honestly, but I'd sleep better at night if I could 'unload' the scoring responsibility onto somebody else

Obviously the entrant would cover the cost of targets returned, but that should all be part of a 'Postal Comp'.
    The Dorset league is club based and the scores are submitted by club officials.

Cards are called in rarely, usually when a division has a really close finish.

I'm sending you an email with a copy of one set of results so you can appreciate the scale of the competition re. sending in 10% of each round.

We do have to trust people; our club has at least 2 members involved in scoring and checking cards are signed, dated and witnessed.

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    The Dorset league is club based and the scores are submitted by club officials.

Cards are called in rarely, usually when a division has a really close finish.

I'm sending you an email with a copy of one set of results so you can appreciate the scale of the competition re. sending in 10% of each round.

We do have to trust people; our club has at least 2 members involved in scoring and checking cards are signed, dated and witnessed.

ATB
    Mike.
    Aaah, having read this post about 6 hours after getting your email, it now all makes sense !!

Aaah, having read this post about 6 hours after getting your email, it now all makes sense !!
    That's the problem with posts on threads and emails for discussions of a technical nature it all tends to get a bit out of context sometimes....

Hopefully, my explanation helped a little.

ATB

Mike.

Target scan is rubbish, my app on an iPhone 6 can't pic up the holes, even with a light box. I made this light box with a battery powered set of LED's from Scambay, They have about 15 colours and 8 light levels per colour, nothing works as it should, not even the medium blue the app comes with.

https://ibb.co/mYAJZq

I did ask the question on the main forum, but naturally, it was ALL my fault, cos my LED's were crap, and my Phone was crap, I couldn't use the app, my car was the wrong colour, the sky was too sky coloured, there were only 12 months in a year, the sea is too wet etc etc etc.

The simple fact is, when I scan my shots, all most all the time I have to delete and/or move shots.
    But I feel it's the fairest way to score for the MPL as lots of my shots are VERY close to scoring rings and there is no official scorer to make the call for me, so the app will have to do (after manually lining up shots most times).
    I didn't suggest it was all your fault, more your individual phone's fault. I have an iphone 6 and use target scan and haven't had a problem. The most I had to do was put a blank target under a shot target so the holes are white instead of the dark brown of the club table. It also helped me get the phone square to the target which aids better results.

Have you tried that? I can assure you the flourescent club lighting at Parkstone is nothing special.

I did a load of MPL scoring on my light box last night as I find it works more reliably than most other ways.
    It was about 80% good, only one or two shots out of 5 per target needed moving.
    It was quicker to use the app for pistol cards as the running total was handy.
    The single shot rifle cards were easier to do manually and just use the app for the odd 'hard to score' shot.

I'll live with it as it's the best I can do for now, but I have tried everything to get it reliable.
    But as always, I'm the only one that it doesn't work for, as most things in life when I ask on a forum

I did a load of MPL scoring on my light box last night as I find it works more reliably than most other ways.
    It was about 80% good, only one or two shots out of 5 per target needed moving.
    It was quicker to use the app for pistol cards as the running total was handy.
    The single shot rifle cards were easier to do manually and just use the app for the odd 'hard to score' shot.

I'll live with it as it's the best I can do for now, but I have tried everything to get it reliable.
    But as always, I'm the only one that it doesn't work for, as most things in life when I ask on a forum
    I'll see if i can take a shot of how I do it next time I do. Maybe there's a clue in there. It might be a while though...

What I do know is my other 1/2's camera took better pictures on her older iphone that my newer one.

I get good results with the android version. I just place the card in front of the computer monitor. My version of Targetscan does give compiled results, average group centre etc.

Tried that way 1066
    Just as bad as any other.
    Go into the camera settings and check what resolution it is set to, seems to me that your resolution may be too low which will render the holes as having jagged edges and this will cause problems. Choose the highest setting possible.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..