Thread: Are tap loaders inheritently less efficient?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Most pawerful tap loaders - Airsporter S, BSF S55, Original Diana 50T01 ... when 'tuned' could do over 12 fpe - but not much, a couple of fpe at most.

Out of interest I put my borescope in the barrel of .22 Tracker and must say the tap seems like a perfect fit when closed, I can't try the 177 as borescope won't fit the bore
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

I have added o rings to the tap of one of my airsporter's, wouldn't do more than 8ft lbs before but now have it at about 11. This is done with 2 grooves around the circumstance then joined up above and below the pellet hole on both sides. The o ring is squeezed into kind of a square shape, one around each end of the pellet hole. Has worked well so far. An nc machine could do a circular seal path in a production situation I'm sure. After that and alignment there is no reason why they can't be as efficient as anything else IMO.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer