Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valuation help - Air Arms Camargue

Valuation help - Air Arms Camargue

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a guide price for an Air Arms Camargue 0.22cal

I bought it over 20 years ago and it's in almost mint with a nice Air Arms 6 x 45 scope of similar age.

Nice figuring on the stock and is that a Webley pro-system silencer on it? IIRC the air arms scopes were Japanese glass......
    So I am going to suggest £350 minimum as an outfit if it is in as good condition as it looks!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Not £750 as you have it on that site that offers ads for free!

Very nice example. it may be the light, but there looks to be a patch of something at the front of the stock. If so, what is it?

The muzzle brake/silencer seems to be an aftermarket one rather than the original one.

It's a shame that a swing swivel has been put under the pistol grip but I am being picky!

Overall very nice and I would say £350-400 for the combo.
    Last edited by Rotherham Owl; 06-11-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by rotherham owl View Post

Not £750 as you have it on that site that offers ads for free!

Very nice example. It may be the light, but there looks to be a patch of something at the front of the stock. If so, what is it?

The muzzle brake/silencer seems to be an aftermarket one rather than the original one.

It's a shame that a swing swivel has been put under the pistol grip but i am being picky!

Overall very nice and i would say £350-400 for the combo.
    ^^^^ This ^^^^ Ditto ^^^^

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Great help

Thanks Guys - Yes I thought I'd posted it while Iwas waiting for the advice. I've now dropped the price while I wait for somemore feedback.

As forthe mark on the stock, this was a Velcro pad for lamp switch. I took it off forthe photo and didn't notice the residue, just tried and its coming off prettyeasy with no mark left behind.

SentimentallyI’m feeling its worth around £500 - £550 to me…… what do you think?

I think you will have a long wait on your hands at that price but always worth a try. If you don't need the money and no one wants to pay the price you are after keep it.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah £300 it'll sell quick, £400 it might take a while but worth it for the right buyer... £500, realistically not going to sell
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks all - best place to list

Cheers everyone for the advice, I'm going to follow it an list on the upper end of your advice for a while.

Could any of you suggest the best place to list it? at the moment have it on the free place....

Quote Originally Posted by mance View Post
    Cheers everyone for the advice, I'm going to follow it an list on the upper end of your advice for a while.

Could any of you suggest the best place to list it? at the moment have it on the free place....

Collectors section and Sales section here will be a good place to start.

£450 is my advice as this is minty, rare and a piece of AA history.

It's the one AA SL that I don't own. Sadly I won't able to buy this one but it should sell easily

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

To help your sale then the better and more detailed the photos the more likely you will find a buyer. At this level then give the potential buyers the whole story and the detail to make a decision on.

Sure there are collectors who want BNMIB, but those rarely come up. The next best is something lovely, that may well have picked up some history. Your combo has a lot going for it. I think the AA scope is worth £80 to the value as its branded AA. The other extras all add to a final price.
    The call on sell or not is then what else does it compete with? New rifles like a HW95 or HW77??? Modern spring rifle or any of many older spring rifles.

I'd say £380 wouldn't be robbing anyone. £400 is starting to get to the price point of more desirable factory fresh older and modern tuned other rifles.
    Now £380 isn't shoddy at all. Breaking £300 just for a rifle takes something rather special. To be fair a lot of used rifle barely make £200, £150 even.

I would say a fair price would be around the £300 mark tops especially with that sling swivel in the pistol grip as a collector that would put me right off I picked up an absolute mint .177 khamsin a couple of years ago for £250 guess I was just lucky with that one I sold it on for £325

Dave.

I've got a camargue and khamsin in .177 ,both in very good condition. What would they be worth

.177 is more desirable but to put a value on them more info would be good.

Are they in original spec?
    Are there any marks/dents/scratches/rust etc?
    Have they been serviced recently?

A bit about their history and some photos would be good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    .177 is more desirable but to put a value on them more info would be good.

Are they in original spec?
    Are there any marks/dents/scratches/rust etc?
    Have they been serviced recently?

A bit about their history and some photos would be good as well.
    They are original ,there is one mark on the camargue about 2mm long apart from that they're perfect.they hardly hardly ever get used because parts are non existent for any AA side levers ,as for power both are a very healthy 11.5 ftp with AA express and accurate
    Cheers Ray
    Last edited by transporter; 12-11-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    I would say a fair price would be around the £300 mark tops especially with that sling swivel in the pistol grip as a collector that would put me right off I picked up an absolute mint .177 khamsin a couple of years ago for £250 guess I was just lucky with that one I sold it on for £325

Dave.

I’m with you. That misplaced swivel knocks a fair bit off.