Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good week for collecting.

Good week for collecting.

Its been a good week for collecting (and its only Tuesday )

I picked up a very tidy Airsporter Mk 2, a as new Crosman 1377 pistol, a A A Pro Elite (in .177 ! ) and a spare Rekord trigger unit. (Thank you Rapidnick). Plus a 'utility' gun bag with loads of pockets which fits my Kral Puncher in perfectly for £5. Theres even a pocket for a silencer (when I get one ).

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Its been a good week for collecting (and its only Tuesday )

I picked up a very tidy Airsporter Mk 2, a as new Crosman 1377 pistol, a A A Pro Elite (in .177 ! ) and a spare Rekord trigger unit. (Thank you Rapidnick). Plus a 'utility' gun bag with loads of pockets which fits my Kral Puncher in perfectly for £5. Theres even a pocket for a silencer (when I get one ).

ATB
    Ian
    Blimey Ian. That National Lottery is a wonderful thing! How much did you win?

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Win? What with MY luck? The Elite was swapped for an early Airsporter. The pistol & trigger unit were bargains. The unility gun Bag was a fiver. The only thing I actually bought was the Mk 2

I did once win £500 on the Lottery but when I went to collect my winnings I was told the consul was down.
    I said “I’m not that stupid!!! Give me my pound stake back.”
    Last edited by I. J.; 27-11-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Mmmm...Well done I.J. Looks like a lot more bargains to come being as it is only Tuesday with several more extended Black Fridays....What's on the list?

By the way, anyone want to sell a very good and not messed with BSA 635 Magnum?

Best regards....

I gave up with a list years ago. The best part of collecting for me is you never know whats around the next corner.

The best part for me is you never know whats around the next corner.
    It may be a mirror - and that would be very disappointing for you
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Picture please of the AA. Just for the eye candy.

Picked up a mint 1978 DPM Arctic Smock Size 4 last week. I had sold a similar one, Size 7 (though in excellent condition, no rips, but was far from mint), for three times what I paid for this as new one.
    Also picked up a 1981 DPM Arctic Parka for £56, useful size. So many are later DPM's and just not the same.
    Always looking for early pre 1982 DPM SAS smocks.
    This stuff is getting super rare, but finding good examples requires wading through piles of dross. Vast amounts are wrongly described. Most are tatty as heck. It was popular then, popular ever since so its all been used up, and not much was made originally. Even the 70's DPM Combats are hard to find in good sizes. 50's and 60's even harder though just enough do appear to make the hunt achievable with patience...just.
    Sad man that I am I know my DPM. Its as anorak as Airsporter collectors or even HW35's

I wish I had kept all the Single Points Sights I've had; go for silly money now.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    It may be a mirror - and that would be very disappointing for you
    I would be very careful what you say because a certain HW99 may be going for sale VERY cheap.

Just call me 'Sir!'.

Love to see your AA as well, its good to refresh the gun cabinet and the wardrobe. Noture i'd be able to tell though,if you were hiding in the bushes Muskett lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Picture please of the AA. Just for the eye candy.

Picked up a mint 1978 DPM Arctic Smock Size 4 last week. I had sold a similar one, Size 7 (though in excellent condition, no rips, but was far from mint), for three times what I paid for this as new one.
    Also picked up a 1981 DPM Arctic Parka for £56, useful size. So many are later DPM's and just not the same.
    Always looking for early pre 1982 DPM SAS smocks.
    This stuff is getting super rare, but finding good examples requires wading through piles of dross. Vast amounts are wrongly described. Most are tatty as heck. It was popular then, popular ever since so its all been used up, and not much was made originally. Even the 70's DPM Combats are hard to find in good sizes. 50's and 60's even harder though just enough do appear to make the hunt achievable with patience...just.
    Sad man that I am I know my DPM. Its as anorak as Airsporter collectors or even HW35's

I wish I had kept all the Single Points Sights I've had; go for silly money now.
    Ditto, re AA PE.

I too used to have a sad thing about smocks. Top ally/wary smock: 70s para Denison, or New Zealand Ventile DPM.

There was a point in the early-mid 80s when ally/warry was NI boots, green lightweights, black norgie, windproof DPM smock, and, if you were really ninja, chest CTR rig with AR-15/M-16 or a “Hockler”.

If you were an officer in the Guards or Cavalry, or even RTR, delete norgie and special weapons, and replace with Browning 9mm and a shirt, tie, cravat and/or public school cricket sweater in some weird combination.

I was in the CCF during the Falklands so regular training staff were super cool.
    I did Recruits in '86 which was done in the old heavy kit.
    The 70's DPM is still great camo, still the most "ally". Sadly the contract dispute changed things, and every contract after '82 the DPM got darker and darker.

Ally was for me Jungle bottoms and Windproof smocks; Arctic or SAS type; the issue pyjamas combats just fell apart. Until '95 issue kit arrived combats were all yuck. "95 was quite good, but then they changed to MTP. I've been out a long while; no idea if the boys like the new stuff or not.
    From a "black sack" I acquired a ventile DPM from the Trials Team; it eventually died. A bit dark but it worked for field use. Green Norgies were the norm. Matterhorn boots. The windproofs never lasted that long when used as a Brecon ammo pouch.
    My Goretex DPM is still doing great service in Scotland. My son has a MTP set in heavy goretex (he is not army, so just for Scotland wet.)

Since then I still shoot, stalking and rough shooting, in a windproof smock. Have them in most colours, most SAS cut. Two ventile, a good few gaberdine, OG Green even; all have NATO numbers bar a Survival Aids ventile. In all kinds of DPM vintage and even in MTP. Its less to be Ally, more I just feel good in them as I run hot. Plus got my son a couple. Then I realised I had a collection!
    Generally worn with a tweed cap. Still swear by my Fibrepile, and Ebony Snugpak. Thank god boots have moved on.

My wife thinks I have too much shooting kit; she might be right.

Would be interested to hear your take on the PE Ian if you give it an airing on the range?

I've got one in each calibre after buying a cheap .177 barrel off here many years ago. Both are in good order but the barrel swapped gun needs a little tweaking to get it to its best.
    Am pleased for you. A worthy acquisition in my eyes.
    Dave

Unless there is pics of the Airsporter it didn’t happen?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Unless there is pics of the Airsporter it didn’t happen?

The engineering on the Elite is amazing. 'Brick Out House' style. Even the cocking lever pivot pin has circlips and doesn't rely on a friction fit. .

The engineering on the Elite is amazing. 'Brick Out House' style. Even the cocking lever pivot pin has circlips and doesn't rely on a friction fit. .

Not too shabby Ian??

Agreed. Excellent build quality. I've read that there can be issues with the internal machining of the body tube but I have to say I've never had a moments issue with mine?
    Dave