Thread: Trigger with a safety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I love the AA safety through the trigger,
    I struggle to see why anyone could possibly have a problem because it works by applying pressure perpendicular to the direction of trigger pull so your finger is never even near the firing position.

you would need to be improbably ham fisted, &/or have the trigger set stupidly light to have a ND.

Far more dangerous is the likes of a rapid where the safety is directly in front of the trigger blade so you need to insert your finger in to the same position as to fire the rifle in order to apply it, indeed with my mk2 sporter trigger it's even applied by pulling it back in the same direction as the trigger operation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DOGS SOULY View Post
    I am not comfortable with safety on or near trigger.
    Im not happy with a safety catch within the trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    I'm not comfortable with people who rely on safety catches.
    I dont rely on them but I will use them.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I love the AA safety through the trigger,
    I struggle to see why anyone could possibly have a problem because it works by applying pressure perpendicular to the direction of trigger pull so your finger is never even near the firing position.

you would need to be improbably ham fisted, &/or have the trigger set stupidly light to have a ND.

Far more dangerous is the likes of a rapid where the safety is directly in front of the trigger blade so you need to insert your finger in to the same position as to fire the rifle in order to apply it, indeed with my mk2 sporter trigger it's even applied by pulling it back in the same direction as the trigger operation.
    Agreed!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)