Thread: Opinions on best field strippable replica?

Opinions on best field strippable replica?

I am hoping for a bit of advice.

I’m looking for opinions on the best field strippable pistol available. Ideally I’d like the following:

- good replica, non 2 tone
    - UK legal sub 6ft/lbs
    - either 4.5mm BB or 177 pellet (or both)
    - blowback
    - field strippable

I’ve recently bought a HW45 silver star, a Umarex Glock 19 and the Sig X-Five 177, the belt driven pellet variant. I love the HW45, fantastic piece of kit and very accurate on both 1/2 and full power over 15/20 yards. The Glock is great too, although non blowback it’s surprisingly accurate for a BB gun and I really enjoy shooting it. The SIG though, was an absolute POS! Already sold it on gunmart, the accuracy was appalling and much better shots than me just couldn’t get it properly sighted.

So in conclusion I want your opinions on what is the best field strippable replica pistol, price is not an issue.

Many thanks in advance.
    It is better to be thought dumb and keep one's mouth shut, than to open it and remove all doubt......

My Tanfoglio Witness 1911 has the first few basic stripping operations of a real 1911, slide, barrel, spring, bush removal, very quick and easy. There are similar ones like the Remington 1911 RAC.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 08-11-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks Benelli, is the tangfolio, the Swiss arms and the Remington all the same gun? This looks like a good option certainly in terms of disassembly. Do you know of any others?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    My Tanfoglio Witness 1911 has the first few basic stripping operations of a real 1911, slide, barrel, spring, bush removal, very quick and easy. There are similar ones like the Remington 1911 RAC.

Baz
    It is better to be thought dumb and keep one's mouth shut, than to open it and remove all doubt......

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    A good replica is the KWC P08 (luger) a very well detailed full metal pistol that is reasonably accurate (it is 4.5mm BB). The action is spot on so full blow back. It strips just as the original which gives you a good insight into how these fascinating pistols function.
    My only grouse is the black plastic grips. I bought a set of walnut Replacement grips off the bay for a genuine P08 from India- but they are going to be hard work to fit due to the differences under the skin of the real and replica pistol. I'll do it one day I'm sure!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

What Tony T said!
    I was very impressed with metal bits, but the grips do let it down...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Thanks both, a mate has the Umarex legends PO8 non blowback which is impressive in terms of power / accuracy but is not FS. I’ll check out the KWC variant too. Anymore for anymore?!

stripable replice

The Baikal Makarov is the best if you want a gun made like a real firearm. Proper forged gunmetal construction and made in the Baikal factory alongside live firing version. Fully field stripable, because it's not a replica, it's the real thing. No other replica of a firearm comes close. Umarex etc actually make a replica of the Makarov, but what's the point of a cast alloy pretender when the real thing doesn't cost much more. Aprox £170.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    The Baikal Makarov is the best if you want a gun made like a real firearm. Proper forged gunmetal construction and made in the Baikal factory alongside live firing version. Fully field stripable, because it's not a replica, it's the real thing. No other replica of a firearm comes close. Umarex etc actually make a replica of the Makarov, but what's the point of a cast alloy pretender when the real thing doesn't cost much more. Aprox £170.

Thank you

As others have stated, the various KWC 1911 BB 'clones' are field-strippable. I have a TFW, Colt Custom & Cybergun Rail Gun (6mm) which all are.

Coincidentally, I tried out one of the Sig Max Michel pistols a few months back and it was the worst Co2 'replica' that Ive ever shot and I was so disappointed with it overall, that I took it back to the shop the next day. The issues were numerous:

Thin, flimsy plastic grips which detached with the slightest effort.
    Flimsy stick magazine which ejected if your hand inadvertently touched the release button whilst holding the pistol to shoot.
    The 'clever' (!) cam system for loading the Co2 which cleverly (!) and painfully trapped the fleshy part below my thumb on a couple of occasions whilst I was trying to squeeze it shut and pierce the capsule.
    Worst accuracy I'd ever achieved with either a BB or pellet firing pistol. POI was all over the place and had no consistency at all.
    Non field-strippable, so how you'd effectively & simply remove a stuck BB, god alone knows.
    Stainless/Nickel finish was very cheap looking and not a patch on the likes of Umarex.

If the Max Michel and the X-5 are examples of what a real firearms manufacturer can produce........I think I'll pass.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Gen 1 is the closest to the real steel as even the slides were taken & machined from the normal production batches wheras I believe the later gen's had a dedicated casting.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
    As others have stated, the various KWC 1911 BB 'clones' are field-strippable. I have a TFW, Colt Custom & Cybergun Rail Gun (6mm) which all are.

Coincidentally, I tried out one of the Sig Max Michel pistols a few months back and it was the worst Co2 'replica' that Ive ever shot and I was so disappointed with it overall, that I took it back to the shop the next day. The issues were numerous:

Thin, flimsy plastic grips which detached with the slightest effort.
    Flimsy stick magazine which ejected if your hand inadvertently touched the release button whilst holding the pistol to shoot.
    The 'clever' (!) cam system for loading the Co2 which cleverly (!) and painfully trapped the fleshy part below my thumb on a couple of occasions whilst I was trying to squeeze it shut and pierce the capsule.
    Worst accuracy I'd ever achieved with either a BB or pellet firing pistol. POI was all over the place and had no consistency at all.
    Non field-strippable, so how you'd effectively & simply remove a stuck BB, god alone knows.
    Stainless/Nickel finish was very cheap looking and not a patch on the likes of Umarex.

If the Max Michel and the X-5 are examples of what a real firearms manufacturer can produce........I think I'll pass.
    I’m relatively new to shooting and therefore don’t have a yardstick but the X-Five I bought was dreadful, truly awful.

Good job that Sig didn't put you off and convince you that all Co2 guns were like that! Thankfully, in the main, they aren't!

Quote Originally Posted by WinerackHWModel View Post
    I’m relatively new to shooting and therefore don’t have a yardstick but the X-Five I bought was dreadful, truly awful.
    The Cybergun/KWC X-Five is very good- field strippable, accurate, strong blowback & full-sized mag/CO2 holder.