Thread: Diana Model 50 the Begining and the End

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Diana Model 50 the Begining and the End

Early this year I bought one of the earliest Diana 50s: early 1950’s. Just picked up the last Model made, 50 T01 in a pretty rare parkerized variant. Came today and it’s about like new. Hadn’t been shoot since the 1980’s so I had to take it apart and relube everything to get it working. I always thought the 50 had a military look and this model really added to that theme. Parkerized, military front winged sight, low gloss military stock finish, and strap swivel. I love the retro old school back sight. It has the massive feel of a military rifle. The person I bought it from bought a Diana Diopter back sight with it. Don’t know that I will use it but looks like a quality unit that fits on the rail. The Model 50’s during their long lifespan shared power units with the Diana 35, these last ones used the 45 power unit and lengthen the cocking level beyond the stock. Should increase the power over my old one. Chrony is tomorrow after the leather seal soaks up some oil. These were never upgraded to new modern seals, ok with me, I like old school leather, they always seem to last forever for me.

https://imgur.com/a/l15sUtD
    Last edited by 45flint; 09-11-2018 at 02:41 AM.