Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW30S Urban Pro Laminate UK Unavailability!

HW30S Urban Pro Laminate UK Unavailability!

I love my HW80K and HW97K, but both are too powerful for close range rat hunting in a historical Kent barn I shoot.

I'd love to have a HW30S in 'K' format, with 1/2" UNF thread and Weihrauch moderator, but the only offering in the UK is the 'kit' version, with fixed barrel weight and plain beech stock.

So, why can US shooters buy the Weihrauch HW30S Urban Pro Laminate, which you can view on the Airguns of Arizona website.

Its the HW80K's 'mini-me' with the added style of a grey laminate stock...……I want one, but apparently UK air gunners can't buy them, why?!

Some of the US importers / retailers ask HW to build "specials" to either cater for or rather appeal to their particular market, Ruger do similar with their 10/22 rimfire in the US.

With us here we are limited to what Hull Cartridge will import unless you go via the grey market and even then I'd bet you would be in for a long wait.

It may be worth giving HC call and asking, they can only say no.

Of the models that are available here; I bought both the K version and the Synthetic version then swapped stocks so I now have an "intended consequence" slightly pimped & tac looking little barn gun, which is a belter, and a traditional gun for garden target shooting. Not sure if this link will work, you may have to join to see it, I have since refinished the trigger guard to silver rather than black as in the photo.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thes...-it-t1741.html

I have also done this exercise twice now so I have both variants, x 2, in .22 and .177, I just love the 30s

Yep, love the little 30S.

If HC cannot assist, I wonder if Sportsman could?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    I want one, but apparently UK air gunners can't buy them, why?!

Weihrauch is a German company but even in Germany we can't buy the Urban Pro version ...

As I cannot afford 565 USD for that beauty I went to my shed for tuning my old trusty silver
    HW30S Carbine and this is the result :-)

Eselt - multichannel Amazon</div></div>

Luftgewehr100 you just made matters worse, I can't buy that gorgeous silver model in the UK either!

I like what you've done with yours Portzy, but I fancy a flashy stocked version.

I've taken your advice guys and messaged Hull Cartridge, but I don't hold out much hope. I'm going to the US next year, maybe I could bring one back with me

Luftgewehr100, never knew a silver variant existed - it looks pretty good!
    Is it a plated or lacquered finish?

You can buy in silver with threaded carbine barrel here
    https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...ducts_id/14332

Mine is a quite old model with a fixed black compensator which I sanded down to
    adapt the color to the barrel. I also changed the screws and the trigger guard.

It is the original colour that Weihrauch sells. If it is plated or lacquered finish
    I can't answer.

I love my HW80K and HW97K, but both are too powerful for close range rat hunting in a historical Kent barn I shoot.

I'd love to have a HW30S in 'K' format, with 1/2" UNF thread and Weihrauch moderator, but the only offering in the UK is the 'kit' version, with fixed barrel weight and plain beech stock.

So, why can US shooters buy the Weihrauch HW30S Urban Pro Laminate, which you can view on the Airguns of Arizona website.

Its the HW80K's 'mini-me' with the added style of a grey laminate stock...……I want one, but apparently UK air gunners can't buy them, why?!
    Because it's not economically viable

Airguns of Arizona probably sell more airguns than the entire UK annual market so If they ask for a special they'll get a special.

I did one myself

https://imgur.com/NiZkFEv

Looks good - the adjustable butt pad is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Because it's not economically viable
    As the UK importer Hull Cartridge must be in a position to dictate what Weihrauch produce for the UK market. Laminate stocks are vogue, particularly the 'black pepper' version on the HW30S model sold in the US. In comparison many of their stocks on offer in the UK are hideous; I'm thinking in particular of the plain beech stocks with the word 'Weihrauch' laser etched into the wood!

I emailed Weihrauch early 2017 and requested a black pepper laminate version of their HW97K for the UK market, to which they replied "we'll think about it" and we're still stuck with only a blue laminate version.

Increasingly airgun manufacturers are producing factory standard rifles with high grade stocks, but Weihrauch do not, which is ironic when you consider their actions are some of the very best.

Hull Cartridge replied with good news regarding future imports of the HW30S.

The rifles will be screw cut and fitted with a muzzle break that can easily be replaced with a 1/2” UNF moderator.

Now I need someone to make custom stocks for the HW30S!

Hull Cartridge replied with good news regarding future imports of the HW30S.

The rifles will be screw cut and fitted with a muzzle break that can easily be replaced with a 1/2” UNF moderator.

Now I need someone to make custom stocks for the HW30S!
    Did they indicate in any way whether the barrel would be standard length or the shorter one that comes with the K kit.

Thanks for the info by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    Did they indicate in any way whether the barrel would be standard length or the shorter one that comes with the K kit.

Thanks for the info by the way
    It’s the ‘K’ scope only kit version and you’re welcome!

The galling issue has been done to death on this site but have the mods completely cured this fault or is necessary to additionally lubricate etc etc ?