Thread: BSA Airsporter quantities.

BSA Airsporter quantities.

I managed to pick up a GF prefix Airsporter today on my travels. Does any of the BSA experts on here know how many of this model were manufactured?

Thank you.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I managed to pick up a GF prefix Airsporter today on my travels. Does any of the BSA experts on here know how many of this model were manufactured?

Thank you.

ATB
    Ian
    Hi Ian,

The GF is probably the most practical Mk2 as it should have parallel scope rails. According to John Walter, 2,780 were made. Not sure what The Golden Century quotes as I don't have the book to hand as I write this.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Ian,

The GF is probably the most practical Mk2 as it should have parallel scope rails. According to John Walter, 2,780 were made. Not sure what The Golden Century quotes as I don't have the book to hand as I write this.

Kind regards,

John
    Thats correct! Therefore no problems finding scope mounts. 2,780 seems a low production run.

Thank you for the info.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

BSA Airsporter quantities.

Dennis E Hillier quotes 'only about 2800'.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Thats correct! Therefore no problems finding scope mounts. 2,780 seems a low production run.

Thank you for the info.

ATB
    Ian
    Yes, quite a low number before the Mk3 came along without the self opening tap and that hideous square profiled stock. Having said that, I wouldn't mind adding a GG prefixed Mk3 to my collection for its 'transitional' interest.

John

According to 'Guns Review' of 1980 something, the 'GF' was produced from June 1968 to mid 1969 and 2,800 were produced.

The most common of the Mk.2 Airsporters is of course the oft seen GD prefix, of which 31,00 were made.

The one to find however is the .177 EG prefix of which only 100 were manufactured?