Thread: For Sale: Webley Viscount .177

For Sale: Webley Viscount .177

For sale is my Webley Viscount in the much rarer .177.

I would describe the condition as "well used", and although it is mechanically sound it ideally needs a restoration. There's no rusting anywhere, the bluing has just worn through in places from use, primarily on the side lever and barrel. The rifle is complete with no bits missing. The safety catch mechanism is still in place but the thumb tab has broken off (simple enough to source a replacement).

This was a candidate for the great Colin Molloy to reblue, but seeing as he is no longer bluing I know this will sit around for years and I'll do nothing with it.

The stock is beech and in pretty good order really.

I'd like £100 ovno.

Pics available via email (I can't post them in this section!).

Collection from Rossendale, Lancs is preferred. I will post at cost.

Cheers
    Greg

I'll take this Greg, PM inbound.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post

I'll take this Greg, PM inbound.
    Good for you -- imho the Viscount is the nicest of the Webley side-levers to shoot by a clear country mile: nice one.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Yup, I guess I'm just not a short barrelled type, I'm afraid. Funny how short lived the Viscount was, when compared to the huge popularity of the Tracker.

Sold to Bill, thanks.

Cheers
    Greg

The Viscount arrived safely and very well boxed today. I'm very happy to have it, as they're not particularly common, especially in .177. It'll go on the project list for now, and what will eventually become of it is yet undecided.

Thanks again Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    The Viscount arrived safely and very well boxed today. I'm very happy to have it, as they're not particularly common, especially in .177. It'll go on the project list for now, and what will eventually become of it is yet undecided.

Thanks again Greg.
    You’re very welcome Bill I’m glad it arrived safe and that you’re pleased with it. I hope the project goes well whatever you decide to do.

Cheers
    Greg

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    For sale is my Webley Viscount in the much rarer .177.

This was a candidate for the great Colin Molloy to reblue, but seeing as he is no longer bluing I know this will sit around for years and I'll do nothing with it.
    For the future, RichardH on here does blueing/refinishing that equals or exceeds the standard of Colin's work and is very reasonably priced. I have done a side-by-side comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    For the future, RichardH on here does blueing/refinishing that equals or exceeds the standard of Colin's work and is very reasonably priced. I have done a side-by-side comparison.
    Thanks for the info, I will contact RichardH next time I need a something doing.

The thing with Colin was his shop was literally 5 minutes up the road from where I work, it was so easy to drop off and pick up bits on my lunch break. Anything firearm related I might send to RichardH would have all the RFD transfer fees added on. I know this is pretty standard for most people but I guess I just got used to how convenient it was going to Colin.

Cheers
    Greg

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    Thanks for the info, I will contact RichardH next time I need a something doing.

The thing with Colin was his shop was literally 5 minutes up the road from where I work, it was so easy to drop off and pick up bits on my lunch break.

Cheers
    Greg
    Ah, that is very annoying! Would be great to have a top metal finisher on one's doorstep...