I've just started 10m probably didn't do my research very well, club is a superb setup but has no one who shoots 10m rifle just pistol and rimfire.

I then took my research online and then find any questions I ask or advice answer is more or less go get a coach...well I've already tried that met up with the guy at the club, had a good chat he went away we discussed he was going to sort a training plan out for me but then nothing, he ignores my messages and doesn't reply.

For me with 10m I can see the attraction but my god the sport I struggle to understand how it continues as from a newcomers point of view there is little help.. apart from going straight to a coach - they call field target exclusive, but it's far more inclusive than 10m.

Don't get me wrong I've met a few people who are helping me along - at my club the pistol shooters are trying to help me also a few online are doing the same.

I just think from a beginner's point of view there's no easy to understand info about the sport.

But saying all that I'm going to persevere, intending to go along to a few comps to see if I can pick things up.

Matt