Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do I do with my target guns?

I hear you Matt !!

We have a club with a reasonable range and somewhere to shoot at home, so I'll muddle along for now, but I must say, I have given thought to selling the pistol !!!

I'm sure I I'll find a good club in my area, even If I have to travel an hour each way once a month, or at least I hope so!
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 14-11-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Sunbeam,

I've co created a Facebook group for 10m shooting, I've also asked a coach to produce a basic introductory guide as I'm finding it hard to get the basic knowledge.

When I learn more I'll post here.

Matt

I'm 'on board' with you Matt
    We have the same opinion on this matter.
    It's a real pity we live so far apart as you'd be very welcome to use or little 10m range.
    I think we'd motivate each other in a good way.
    Link me the FB page and I'll join it

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Sunbeam,

I've co created a Facebook group for 10m shooting, I've also asked a coach to produce a basic introductory guide as I'm finding it hard to get the basic knowledge.

When I learn more I'll post here.

Matt
    Can you pm me a link please?

Pmd links, hopefully we can get some help and answers.

I'm aiming to attend a few comps to see how things go, hopefully pick up a few things there.

Matt

Well I've shot my first set of cards for the MPL in my little home range and sent the results in.
    I've started reading Robins book, it does feel like shooting progress.
    I asked to join that FB group Matt, but got no reply!
    I guess that's kinda fitting really.

Sunbeam,

Glad to see progress.

Regards the Facebook group there's no pending requests to join do not sure if your request to join went through or not?

Can you try again.

Matt

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Don't know if this will of interest to you but on the UBC we have a 10mtr e mail competition under a new manager. The comp is shot over the course of a month with 6 months making up a season. The new season started 1st November so there's plenty of time to enter. We also have an informal e mail rifle competion run over 6 rounds, again the new season started 1st November, there are plenty of different sections & distances to choose from.

http://www.ubccompetition.btck.co.uk...titionCriteria

http://www.ubccompetition.btck.co.uk/UBCRifleChallenge
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Went to the club, I'd printed some longer posts for my rifle, also made a different butt pad and a eye blinder.

Well can say the difference with these three items was immense, I think the eye blinder made the biggest difference though - the target appeared illuminated so would reccomend one to all.

Still a lot to learn but can see theres progress.

Matt

As Paul has mentioned we have a 10m competition which allows you to shoot any or all of springers, single stroke pneumatic, CO2 , and CO2 target/pcp pistols. If anyone is keen to join in, the rules and targets can be found via the UBC website for which Paul has given the links above. Targets can be downloaded and once you have your completed whichever competition(s) you choose to enter you just email tour scores to the relevant competition manager.
    If anyone wants more information regarding these competitions please don't hesitate to ask on here or via a PM if you can't see the information on the website. All entries are free of charge.
    Jim

This not going to help with the main topic of this thread, and as I've been off line for several weeks my input is rather late, sorry. However the names Bridgend and Newport bring back many happy memories. From the early 70's to the late 80's I was a member of a club known as War & Peace [ that being an abbreviation of Wolverhampton Air Rifle and Pistol Club. We traveled from the Wolverhampton area to open shoots at these destinations and good times they were indeed. It's nice to know the leagues are still going strong. We still have the Wolverhampton Air Rifle League on going, formed in 1971 or 2?? I have been shooting this league since 1972, no break, no missed seasons and at 73 am still as keen if not as good as ever. Now fortunate enough to be League Chairman and very proud too.
    All I can offer as advice is go to a Bell Target Club, the social side is very important and many of the top GB shooters came from Bell Target beginnings.
    abellringer

Thank you guys

Looks like I've found some uses for my target guns.

I've just finished the rifle and rested pistol MPL and now entered the rested rifle (bit late in the day!).

Also I went along to the Newport Bell Target club tonight and decided to join about an hour in, so I got to shoot in that comp that evening
    I won my round 59-52, I think I came 4th overall amongst my team members, so I think the team was happy with my joining?

It's great to shoot against somebody in the heat of battle, makes all the lonely practice worth something other than just making holes in paper for hours on end.

So I'm now a member of the Newport Eagles

Good to hear it all came good in the end and well shot sir!

Matt