Thread: Pulsar shroud

Pulsar shroud

On my original Daystate Airworlf the end of the shroud was easy to remove, just hand tight screw thread. However on my pulsar it seems impossible to move. I want to change the internals. Any ideas?

It may be Loctited on. Try heating it up then unscrew it

When the indexing pin on mine snapped recently I tried, with far more force than I considered necessary, to undo the two screws holding the plate/mechanism but gave up. They were so tight that I feared shearing them off and gave up. I drove to Eccleshall and politely insisted that they must have been overly generous with the Loctite and that I required their assistance. They fixed the gun while I was there.
    Atb
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

I have had my shroud off my Pulsar before. It’s best to unscrew the shroud from the breech end first. It’s much harder to take the 1/2 unf end cap off with the shroud still on the gun as it’s tight. I got some rubber matting and wrapped it round the end cap and the end of the shroud and gave it a twist with my hand. It’s not glued or Loctited at the breech end as there is an o-ring that seals the shroud to the adapter which is connected to the barrel. When you have got the shroud off, there is no need to undo the end cap as the internals can be accessed by doing the above. Be careful as you approach the last few threads when unscrewing as the shroud might ping out of your hand and drop. This is due to a long spring holding the baffles in place loaded from the end of the barrel.
    Hope this helps and any questions feel free to ask.
    ATB.
    Last edited by markpimmy; 13-11-2018 at 07:44 PM.