Thread: Original 75 advice for raising sights

Original 75 advice for raising sights

Hi all

In the summer I bought my first match rife, an Original 75. I've just really started shooting it and have bought Robins excellent book. To get a more comfortable shooting position, I would like to raise the sights and Robin has suggested that whilst the rearsight can accept an anschutz raiser with a bit of persuasion, I'm a bit stuck on the foresight which is a fixed cast unit.

He also thinks Original may have made a higher unit.

Does anyone know of an Original high foresight needing a new owner or has anyone got any ideas to do something more adventurous ( with the foresight!)

Cheers

Lundy
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Chambers list a raised fore sight for the Original 75 at 56mm rather than the standard 47mm. Unfortunately is says, no longer available.
    https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24404/75

Incidentally, I see that many of the sight elements for these rifle are no longer available. If anyone is really stuck, I could probably made a reasonable replacement. I've just made these for a Carl Gustav target rifle with unobtainable elements.