Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: chronographs

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Well my pro chrono fits in a cheap plastic tool box along with everything else I need to carry for a few hours shooting targets on my field range, so it's as portable as any other chrono
    combro is a perfect fit in a zip-up spectacles case without bothering to split it in half. hard to beat that for portable.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireDave View Post
    combro is a perfect fit in a zip-up spectacles case without bothering to split it in half. hard to beat that for portable.
    Can you do a downrange (say 30 yard) velocity check with a combro ? Yes I know there is a chance of shooting the chrono at 30 yards but most combro's are shot to pieces on the end of the rifle

My club has a prochrono, ours will only work outside on sunny days. It has been back more than once with software problems !Frankly I am not impressed with it.

Surely some one can make one to work under any light conditions, indoors or outdoors. All we need is fps, we can do the rest, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by noz1 View Post
    My club has a prochrono, ours will only work outside on sunny days. It has been back more than once with software problems !Frankly I am not impressed with it.

Surely some one can make one to work under any light conditions, indoors or outdoors. All we need is fps, we can do the rest, surely?
    Yet I've never had a problem with mine,& the only time it's ever failed to read was right as the sun started to set.

Yours must just be a pup .

Quote Originally Posted by noz1 View Post

Yes, we couldn't use ours in the winter even midday for regional competitions, it just didn't register shots.

We've been using a CHRONO-R2 from https://chrono.lmbr.pl/products.html ever since in all weathers with zero problems.

I have a LMBR RA2, £147 from J.S. Ramsbottom. It works in ANY light conditions. Not the cheapest but imho one of the best.