Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chronographs

chronographs

What dose the members no about or think of these from that auction site 232795012829 they sound good? and are not that much money

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    What dose the members no about or think of these from that auction site 232795012829 they sound good? and are not that much money
    I don't have that Chrono but you might find this useful and a lot more if you are into model engineering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwoUGYQag0A

A.G

TBH, rather have a Crombo - not much difference in price and known good back up

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    TBH, rather have a Crombo - not much difference in price and known good back up
    I'll second this. I used to have one and it was great, but being the clumsy oaf that I am, i shot it twice. I now use a Bluechron, which is the same principal but harder to put a pellet into the frame. I think these are more geared towards airsoft guns, but I'm sure that a few people here do use them.

Item 264029753530 looks more interesting.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    You have to smile at the sellers name of " holy weapon", I think this guy is based abroad, just guessing.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    Not very portable though

The one the OP links to is like the xcortech ones. I have one of the xcortech ones and it's fiddly to use.

A review here https://youtu.be/qNi2A0F_kzU

as above

with a 37mm aperture I would shoot that to pieces.
    The other one looks better. 264029753530

Quote Originally Posted by Lavant_Lad View Post
    Not very portable though
    Well my pro chrono fits in a cheap plastic tool box along with everything else I need to carry for a few hours shooting targets on my field range, so it's as portable as any other chrono

Well my pro chrono fits in a cheap plastic tool box along with everything else I need to carry for a few hours shooting targets on my field range, so it's as portable as any other chrono
    How do you find the Pro Chrono mate?, have looked at these recently and they seem well made.

Kindest regards

Barrel

The one that I've got seems accurate, easy to set up and use though I don't think that it'll show fpe, just the speed, though it will give a string of shots.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    How do you find the Pro Chrono mate?, have looked at these recently and they seem well made.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    I find it pretty much superb in every aspect, it's only possible "fault" being that it's so light weight that getting it to sit correctly in a wind can be a pain.

It doesn't give ftlbs automatically (unless using the PC interface) but that has never bothered me, it shows the Velocity = max - min - ave - max spread & SD.
    I'll already know the max velocity I can have for the pellet to stay safely under 12fpe along with the velocity at 11.5fpe which is where I like to set them, so I'm just after the consistency within that range.

I've used it with air, FAC air, Rimfire, Centrefire & even a Shotgun, and as the memory holds 9 strings of 99 shots it's ideal to check multiple rifles or to compare 9 ammo types through the same rifle.

With the interface you can either print the results or save them on PC.

Thanks for the detailed answers mate it's appreciated, they do look a nice piece of kit.

Kindest regards

Barrel