My attention was drawn to this old thread again today by a request to see if 1066 was "still about" as he has not been seen on the BBS for some time and some of his excellent 3D printed parts may be wanted to fit another LOV-21.

This enquiry encouraged me to dig out my own LOV-21 and remind myself why I have not been using this excellent little air pistol.

The sight of the small CO2 cylinder still stuck onto the piercing spike soon reminded me!

I bought my LOV-21 new and fitted the full set of 3D printed parts made for me by 1066 and it did transform the pistol into something that felt good and looked good, but after shooting it I had trouble removing the exhausted CO2 cylinder as it had become stuck onto the piercing spike that is on the end cap.

I have fitted and used hundreds of these "Sparklets" type CO2 cylinders on my other air pistols (such as my TAU 7 Match) and never had one of them get stuck on the piercing spike.......and these end caps look exactly the same as those fitted to the LOV-21!

Fitting a new CO2 cylinder the last time I used my LOV-21 failed to actually puncture the cylinder but did pierce it - so I have a full CO2 cylinder firmly impaled on top the spike!

This happened years ago and the cylinder is still reluctant to separate.

Has anyone else had a problem like this ? - and if so - how was the cylinder safely removed and what is the "fix" to stop it happening again?