Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOV 21 Upgrade

Hello
    Just trying to get in to.pistol on a budget. I like the feel of the Lov for the price but would prefer a real grip.
    Is it possible still to acquire the palm shelf and grip modification please? Are pics available?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    Thank you Nogolem, I'm pleased the parts arrived safely and fit well. The photographs are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    Thank you Nogolem, I'm pleased the parts arrived safely and fit well. The photographs are excellent.

Morning
    I'm interested in a Lov21 but would prefer an anatomic grip, are your custom parts still available please?
    Thanks

Stock kit Drulov lov 21

Hello,

I’m a new French forum user, do you alway sale a stock 3D kit for Drulov Lov 21’ same part than your have sale to my friend « Nogolem »?
    And what will be the price please which shipping in French country ?
    Best regards
    Adb

My attention was drawn to this old thread again today by a request to see if 1066 was "still about" as he has not been seen on the BBS for some time and some of his excellent 3D printed parts may be wanted to fit another LOV-21.

This enquiry encouraged me to dig out my own LOV-21 and remind myself why I have not been using this excellent little air pistol.

The sight of the small CO2 cylinder still stuck onto the piercing spike soon reminded me!

I bought my LOV-21 new and fitted the full set of 3D printed parts made for me by 1066 and it did transform the pistol into something that felt good and looked good, but after shooting it I had trouble removing the exhausted CO2 cylinder as it had become stuck onto the piercing spike that is on the end cap.

I have fitted and used hundreds of these "Sparklets" type CO2 cylinders on my other air pistols (such as my TAU 7 Match) and never had one of them get stuck on the piercing spike.......and these end caps look exactly the same as those fitted to the LOV-21!

Fitting a new CO2 cylinder the last time I used my LOV-21 failed to actually puncture the cylinder but did pierce it - so I have a full CO2 cylinder firmly impaled on top the spike!

This happened years ago and the cylinder is still reluctant to separate.

Has anyone else had a problem like this ? - and if so - how was the cylinder safely removed and what is the "fix" to stop it happening again?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Since last writing about my LOV 21, I recently (last week!) took it out from its safe hiding place and looked at the CO2 cylinder that was still stuck on top of the spare piercing device and took it to the club.

After some reasoning, it was decided that if the cylinder had been punctured, and if it had any gas in it, then it would have surely gone off like a CO2 powered rocket and looking at it for any longer was not going to solve anything, so I held the cylinder and gently pushed against the neck of the cylinder with my thumb nail - and it fell off! The cylinder was an empty!

Thinking back to when I last used it, it was when IJ and myself used to shoot together at RMTC and we both bought a new LOV21 and had the 1066 3D printed parts fitted to them - mine had the full set, but Ian's only had the wider rear sight (if I remember correctly?).

Anyway, the pistol was treated to a new CO2 caplet with a small drop of the red Crossman Pellgun Oil balanced on the neck end of the caplet before it was punctured (standard practice when we fit a new CO2 caplet to any CO2 pistol) and it shot beautifully - reminding me of why we were so impressed with them when they first became available in the UK.

Two more CO2 caplets in turn were fitted and they dropped out when they were empty with no problems at all!

The 1066 anatomical grip is very adjustable and the additional "peg" on the inside on the top surface of the palm shelf, can also be adjusted to the exact angle of the hand to get a really precise customised grip. The revised muzzle weight includes a weight box that could be filled with steel BB's or any other chosen small weight to balance the pistol to suite the shooters preference, and a bigger square shouldered front sight blade makes a much nicer "front-end"

The widened rear sight blade matched the new wider front sight perfectly giving the pistol a much more "target orientated" look and feel.

My LOV 21 has not had too much use from new, but it was getting better and better with use, and should be really good by the time it has eaten its first full tin of pellets.

At the time of writing this I don't know if the LOV 21 is still freely available here in the UK, or if 1066 is still making his 3D upgrade kits, but together they make a formidable target pistol for a minimal price of less that £150 for the new pistol complete with a full set of 1066 3D printed parts (at the time they were bought new).

I have no idea what a new LOV21 with a full set of 1066 3D printed parts would cost now, but I am sure that it would still be really good value for money target pistol. Most LOV 21 shooters don't have the 1066 3D printed grips and still claim good results from them, but my results improved considerably with the custom grip as the standard grip did not suite me as well.
    Last edited by zooma; 26-02-2024 at 07:22 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    1066 not seen since 2021 according to his profile.
    Email address is an old Tiscali one...

'morning Zooma
    How good (or bad) is the trigger of the LOV please? How does it compare to say the Tau 7 (maybe it's the same mechanism/principle).
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Lov 21.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    'morning Zooma
    How good (or bad) is the trigger of the LOV please? How does it compare to say the Tau 7 (maybe it's the same mechanism/principle).
    My answer is I haven't a clue, as never shot or even seen one, but I do have an old farts tale (can't beat a good old farts tale!).

This goes back very many years to an incident at Norwich, when NCTC was at Wensum lodge. A member shooting air pistol at 10 mts was grumbling about how bad the trigger was on his "Eastern Bloc" pistol, and how much better he could do if he had a modern hi tech pistol like the "shooter" alongside him.

The "shooter" asked him if he could have a go with the Eastern bloc jobbie, and then proceeded to blow out the ten ring!!!! He was a multiple Commonwealth games gold medalist!!

Moral? If your technique is good you can shoot anything, but a good pistol helps!

Have fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    'morning Zooma
    Hi derekm,

I do own both of the two above mentioned C2 pistols.

My TAU 7 is one of the original TAU 7 MATCH air pistols, but as far as I know the trigger on all of the TAU 7 air pistols is the same. I have had this pistol since they were first imported into the UK so I have probably had it over 35 years but I have never "tinkered" with the trigger so it is "stock".

My LOV 21 has had very little use from new but when I took it to the club the other day we were surprised at just how much the pistol was improving with use and by the end of the night it was really smooth and very nice to shoot.

The trigger on my LOV21 is definitely a little "firmer" than the TAU 7 Match, but it has never been touched and I know that when this pistol first came out many new owners "improved" the trigger feel just by cleaning-up the rough finish and removing any burrs with a stone.

Being realistic, the LOV 21 was a very inexpensive air pistol and so it would not have enjoyed as much care and attention as others that cost much more, but I enjoyed shooting mine with the trigger as it came from new, and by the end of the night I was scoring as well (or badly!) as I was able to do with my Morini 162ei.

The temptation is always to tinker and make things better, but sometimes it is nice just to enjoy them for what they are and I am sure that if I were to spend a lot more time simply shooting the pistol and getting more familiar with it I could shoot my LOV 21 as well as any of my more expensive match pistols.

I have to say that this would not be the case with the standard grip because it just didn't feel right for me. It it weren't for the 1066 3D printed parts I would have sold my LOV21 straight away as I simply could not grip it very well, but with a full set of the 1066 parts added it has transformed the pistol for me as it now feels really good and I can achieve the same grip every time I pick it up.

.......back to your question - the trigger is a little firmer on my LOV 21 that it is on my TAU 7 Match, but it works well.

Robin & Zooma, thanks for your comments. I appreciate 100% that the most important thing is technique. I'm an extremely moderate shooter and declining with age! I don't shoot competition, even handicaps, so am only shooting against myself, but I do get satisfaction of getting good results (for me) with modest equipment, hence my curiosity about the LOV. Though I do have a "proper" (if old) target pistol, my goto guns are at present are the TAU and the FAS.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.