Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOV 21 Upgrade

LOV 21 Upgrade

When I came back from a trip to our local supermarket this morning there was a note from our local postman to let me know that a small package had been left in the shed for me.

The small box was collected and when opened I found three really nice and crisply formed 3D printed parts to upgrade my LOV 21 pistol. These had been "printed" in black and when fitted they matched my LOV 21 perfectly.

Within a just a few minutes all of these parts had been fitted to my favourite CO2 target pistol (!) and the improvement was immediately noticeable, so I will cover each upgrade individually as I think any of these parts will be of at least some interest to anyone who either owns or is considering buying a LOV 21.

The biggest single piece was the adjustable palm shelf. The LOV 21 does not have a palm shelf and this three piece unit adds an adjustable unit that looks good, but more importantly it works really well too.

This cleverly designed main unit clamps onto the steel piercer cap that protrudes out underneath the grip and is fixed in place with a single recessed chrome headed cap screw. This cap head is fairly substantial and needs a 6mm hex key to tighten it up.

Once in place the palm shelf can be adjusted up or down to fit the size of your hand, and once you are happy with the adjustment it can be fixed in place by tightening with a 3mm hex key. As this fixing screw is mounted more or less centrally it is also possible to angle the palm rest to the most suitable position too!

A further adjustable post that sits of the palm shelf can also be adjusted inwards or outwards to ensure that you position your hand in the same place every time, and this is also fixed in place with a 3mm hex key. Adjusting this post can also be really helpful in positioning your index finger as it can be used to turn your hand either towards or away from the trigger blade so to a limited degree it also adds a trigger "reach" adjustment too!

The large front sight block looks really "industrial" but serves two purposes. Firstly it houses its own front sight blade unit that comes already screwed on, and this can be replaced by similar units of different sizes that can be screwed on instead of the 3mm wide blade supplied. Also, there are two recesses in the underside of the main unit that can be filled with one or two 44 calibre steel BB's to add nose weight (if required) to give some balance adjustment to the pistol.

The original moulded front sight blade can be left in place or cut away - it does not really interfere with the sight picture and actually helps to radially locate the new unit so I have left mine in place - at least for now!

This complete unit can be slid over the front of the pistol. The unit is a fairly tight fit and should not slip off, but a recessed cap head screw is fitted underneath and this can be gently tightened up with a 3mm hex driver just to give it a "pinch" to make sure it does not move.

A simple rear sight blade is the third upgrade part. The bent steel rear sight that comes on the LOV 21 is OK, but it is what it is, and this larger flat plate simply fixes onto the back of it with a (pre-cut to size) piece of doubled sided foam tape. There are small walls moulded into the new sight blade on both sides and at both ends of the base so it is easy to align squarely over the existing sight blade and fits easily.

Once the front and rear upgrades are fitted the sight picture is both sharper and clearer, and improves the overall sight picture enormously.

So within a few minutes it was possible to upgrade my LOV 21 to include many of the desirable parts you would expect to find on a full match pistol, and it makes the pistol better balanced, easier to hold, and has an improved sight picture .

This is a superb small set of upgrade parts for this popular and inexpensive CO2 single shot target pistol that can further improve its already impressive performance .
    Last edited by zooma; 13-11-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I am meeting IJ at the Rossendale Club tonight and we will compare my LOV 21 update to his "modified" LOV 21 (unless his sticky weights fall off !)

I think this could encourage us to consider again that previously mentioned "low cost CO2 pistol series"

We could start by adding a "low cost CO2 Pistol series" to the MPL postal competition (starting in January 2019 - June 2019) next time as this competition could be shot at home (or at a club if you have the chance to do so) making it the ultimate inexpensive series to take part in when you would be sure that those with deeper pockets could not buy anything more expensive than the price limit.

The MPL series was always designed to offer good inexpensive shooting "on a level playing field" that did not favour the wealthy shooters, so this would be a worthy addition that we should consider too.

We could put a price cap on any pistol that is permitted to be used and even list them to make sure everyone knows what would be legal and what would not be accepted.

The price cap would have to be agreed - but how about £125 to include as starters to include those that buy them in the UK and have to pay a little more than those who import them from Poland etc?

That sounds an excellent idea Bob - I have a run a few (unscientific) tests with my own Lov 21 and found the velocity very consistent over a string of 30 shots giving around 490fps with a spread of less than 10fps. I have also tested potential accuracy by firmly clamping the pistol to a fixed point and trying various pellets. I only have a distance of just under 9 metres from the clamped position but with R10 pellets all shots would score 10's on the 10m target.

The downside is - these pistols seem to be in short supply. "Sureshot" list them at £90 (+£20 delivery) but when I tried to buy one they were out of stock and not sure if they would re-order.
    The only other supplier I could find with any stock was "City air weapons" at £100 (+£20 delivery)

Tis true. I did indeed try Bobs LOV21 tonight, ( well the rental was very cheap ), and yes, I did find the modified back sight plate a great improvement over the standard to the extent that I have contacted 1066 by PM.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Wink

The £125 would rule out my CP88 long barrel
    You do have a habit of stopping my guns Lol
    Alisha would be fine though with her SMK VICTORY
    She’s always up for shooting that !

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    The £125 would rule out my CP88 long barrel
    You do have a habit of stopping my guns Lol
    Alisha would be fine though with her SMK VICTORY
    She’s always up for shooting that !
    Hi Rob,

The price cap that I have suggested was only that ( a starting point for the discussion), and I would welcome any contributions to advise what inexpensive CO2 pistols should be considered for this proposed MPL postal series and the typical price that we have to pay for them.

As long as the CO2 pistols are single shot and .177 - and fit into the "inexpensive" category - it would be good to have them mentioned here.

Hope your first MPL competition is going well for you and Alisha

Bob.

I was only pulling your leg
    My CP88 is multi shot anyway, so wouldn’t count for that reason as well
    I can’t quite remember what her Victory cost, but I’d very much consider the cost of that postol as the maximum as it is very popular and to be honest, very basic. I’d think about £150 maybe better, as that would cover the extra some small shops charge (like ours!).

Maybe worth making an ‘approved’ list rather than price as already suggested?
    If ‘your’ pistol is not on ‘the list’, the shooter could offer it’s inclusion with evidence of it’s cost and if ‘the board’ deem it OK, it can be added to ‘the list’.

Replica league.

Personally I’d consider an all replica pellet firing CO2 pistol league, multi shot or single, as I think all fun replica CO2 pistols are fairly inaccurate and cheap enough to be about the same. Making a replica pistol league would include a massive amount of potential shooters as most of us have a CO2 replica of some sort

I also don't think cost should be the defining factor as for example my CP88 cost about £35 more because it's the nickel version, but the nickel is purely cosmetic.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 14-11-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Maybe worth making an ‘approved’ list rather than price as already suggested?
    If ‘your’ pistol is not on ‘the list’, the shooter could offer it’s inclusion with evidence of it’s cost and if ‘the board’ deem it OK, it can be added to ‘the list’.
    I think this may be a way to go, where is the line drawn on price?

Would it be the 'as new' value?
    What about second hand purchases, or out of production models that are no longer available?

I could go on...

The spirit of the idea does seem to be about a 'budget carbon league', so excluding 'true' CO2 target pistols should not be too difficult, (even second hand prices are still quite high anyway).

What do people think about modifications?

Modest tweaks like the LOV parts are brilliant, but what about the amount of aftermarket upgrades for Crosmans, for example?
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

An open class pellet firing only, Co2 replica pistol class with barrels no longer than 'X' would be a good class.
    Forget price,

Does it look like a real gun?
    Is it Co2?
    Is it's barrel under X?
    Does it fire pellets?

If yes to all, it's good to go, multi shot or not

I would think if you rule out pukka target pistols then the great leveller is "one handed, open sights, 10 meters"

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I would think if you rule out pukka target pistols then the great leveller is "one handed, open sights, 10 meters"
    Yes to all of the above, except the distance; the MPL is 6 metres because not many people have access to a 10m range, but can generally rig up 6m at home.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Dear not so far neighbours,

Please visit our Czech friends at
    http://www.kentaurguns.com/
    their original Czech site is www.kentaurzbrane.cz
    zbrane meaning "gunsmith" I think...
    try "Lov21" or "lov 21" in the search engine up the "zbrane" page...
    I bought mine from them, shipment took 3/4 days from Praha to Montmartre, Paris.

Their stock is small, but they are quite close to their distributors.
    I bought the 8g capsule flavor and ordered 12g spare caps.....

You can choose Euro up right the web page, sorry They would not let you pay in pounds...
    for PayPal, they charge you 3 euros...
    shipping to Paris was €20 but was fast and against signature....
    PayPal is a bit expensive in terms of changing moneys.
    pardon my poor English...

We have Artemis CP1/2 I think is the same as your "victory" or "SMK" or "Kandar"
    Crosman 1377 is €88 in France so It could do your Challenge as well...
    it's 10" barrel makes it a good shooter...

@1066 : Please make some room in your mailbox... I cannot post to you !
    Please send me your email in MP !

I hope this helps
    Your devoted frog from Montmartre.
    Last edited by nogolem; 14-11-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    Drulov/Lovna/Terčová/Brno Lov 21 4.5/CP1 4.5-CP1-M 4.5-CP2 4.5/Crosman 2250 XL-2300T-1377/Stoeger XP4 sales: CP1-M .22 - Dan Wesson 2.5"pellet -Mini Uzi replica BB (full auto)-Taurus P92 replica BB "full auto" (Beretta 92 brésilien)- Gamo PT85.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    An open class pellet firing only, Co2 replica pistol class with barrels no longer than 'X' would be a good class.
    Forget price,

Does it look like a real gun?
    Is it Co2?
    Is it's barrel under X?
    Does it fire pellets?

If yes to all, it's good to go, multi shot or not
    On the UBC we already have such a competition. It's part of the Vintage & Open comp & new shooters are always welcome. It's a good time to join as well as the new season started 1st November. Each round is open for a calendar month, with 6 rounds making up the season.

http://www.ubccompetition.btck.co.uk...ntageOpenRules
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Dear all,

I wanted to warmly thank 1066 for his Drulov kit !
    it is wonderful !

I made photos and a survey were everyone can vote for his Budget single shot pistol for 10 meters or less..
    In France people do not know Lov21 model so did not get many votes...
    feel free to come and vote, and maybe see pictures of 1066´s kit ...

link to the permanent survey :
    http://www.forum-airguns.com/t81844-...e-10m-ou-moins

the parameters are :
    single shot
    less than €150

in page 15 you will see pictures of 1066 Drulov kit...

feel free to write what you want If you want.
    You can even write that Carlos Ghosn, CEO of Renault group is an asshole If you want...��
    but in this particular section, we prefer talking about budget single shooters !

good evening !

merci beaucoup
    Drulov/Lovna/Terčová/Brno Lov 21 4.5/CP1 4.5-CP1-M 4.5-CP2 4.5/Crosman 2250 XL-2300T-1377/Stoeger XP4 sales: CP1-M .22 - Dan Wesson 2.5"pellet -Mini Uzi replica BB (full auto)-Taurus P92 replica BB "full auto" (Beretta 92 brésilien)- Gamo PT85.

Thank you Nogolem, I'm pleased the parts arrived safely and fit well. The photographs are excellent.