Thread: Morini value??

Morini value??

I shall shortly be selling my Morini CM162ei, it's 2012, two red cylinders, heavily modified medium grip, and includes a new spare barrel. I've been out of shooting for a while and wondered if anyone knew how much I should advertise it for.
    All information very gratefully received!
    -Nick-
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The "heavily" modified grip may put some off & difficult without any pictures to go on...but I'd hazard a guess at £650 if the rest is in very good to excellent condition.

Match pistols are not selling too well at the moment - but that is nothing unusual!

You could compare this situation as being a a bit like waiting for the proverbial number 3 bus - you wait for hours and then two come along together.

In the past I have had match pistols ( and match rifles) advertised for months with no interest shown at all, and then all of a sudden (and for no reason that I can explain) I have been overwhelmed with a sudden surge of interest and could have sold them ten times over!

Morini pistols are good and desirable (as long as they are the more recent type with the later circuit board that uses the AAA cells).

I think if you were to sell yours for £650 with a spare barrel somebody would be getting an exceptionally good deal - even with a grip that they may have to change!

Morini grips are VERY expensive to replace (£200 +) and may be the reason why the low price has been suggested. If you can find a nice condition and unmodified grip to fit on the pistol it would be worth more.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    T'was indeed the very thinking behind my estimate

I'd go £650 for the pistol, allowing for the grip and market (otherwise £700-£750)

and £80 for the barrel as a separate sale, it won't add any real value to the main sale but if someone has a damaged barrel or wants to go from a compact to full size they'll snap it up.

The market is slow for match pistols at the moment but a good Morini at that price point is a very saleable item.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more