Thread: Interesting Customized Hy-Score Pistol

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A Interesting Customized Hy-Score Pistol I couldn’t pass up

As a vintage Airgun collector I always go for perfect all original guns. When I saw this however I had to have it. The Hy-Score as much as I like it was still made as a economical pistol with many features not quite up to firearm standards, of say the Haenel 28 or the Webleys. However someone customized this pistol and tried their best to upgrade everything. The most obvious is the walnut hand checkered grip. It is perfectly milled as precisely as a factory would do it or even better. He must have milled a new trigger guard to intigrate the grip and got rid of the one that was sheet metal. Though difficult to see in the photos he even had to mill into the trigger guard a keeper for the trigger spring. The back sight on a Hy-Score is really poor, he changed it to a milled one with a milled height adjuster. I assume this was a gunsmith with considerable skill. Don’t know if he was repairing a old Hy-Score or just upgrading it. Looks to have been done many years ago. Interesting question is why would someone spend so much time and effort on a relatively inexpensive air pistol?

Press the link below for many pics. At the end of the pics hit “3 more” the last pic is this gun beside a standard gun.

https://imgur.com/a/aNJIHti
    Last edited by 45flint; 13-11-2018 at 09:15 PM.