Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New HFT point scoring system.

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    When was that Nomads film shot? Any idea Bob?
    Must have been 1993/4 Rog. I wasn't there but know people that were.

By the way, one of my favourite shoots to attend were yours at LV. That target directly overhead was evil

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Its been done before by basingstoke. They also used all black targets so you have to place the shot where you think it is.

HFT is not hunting. It is a target competition. You are forced to take shots in positions you would NEVER use in the field.

However...it sure does improve your skills if you happen to hunt or do pest control.

I really enjoyed this format and was sad it didnt gather steam
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

[QUOTE=ian321;7595301]I see what you are saying but I think if things was to change it should be either kill-(1 point) or miss (0 points) , not taking away points! One thing I’d of liked to see change when I was shooting is more realistic ranges, ie take the ranges to 15-40 yards but have the kill zones of a maximum of 20mm[
    /QUOTE]

No. The point of minus ooints is to maken you think about wether you can definitely lqnd the shot as opposed wing it and see. Its meant to make you think amlnd make a decision as to wether you have the skills to dropnit and if you are doubdtful...use you brain to make the shot and risk loosing pointw or decline and predlserve your progress.
    Thats the point of it. Its not modifying HFT its a toatally different mindset.
    Especially if the whole tareget is blacked out and its in shadow or silhouette. You have to use your grey matter.more than your trigger finger.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill