Quote Originally Posted by joseph View Post
Obviously i'm out of touch, tell me more about TAG, all I could find was people in Hawaii running around with assault weapons
John Milewski and I were chatting over a pint (or two) many years back and discussing what different comps could be put on other than the usual FT and HFT's. We'd already started doing pistol hunters IIRC and several clubs had introduced "dump" shoots which were shot over shorter distances using very small kill zones and with lots of rubbish in the way like shopping trolleys, BBQ grates, wheel rims and just about anything that could impede the flight of a pellet.

The concept was a amalgamation of HFT, the dump shoot and the gamble shoots we ran. Most of the ideas were Johns but I think I was responsible for suggesting the kill zone was the same colour as the plate and for using different colours such as camo. We actually put a TAG on as a demo shoot alongside a round of the UKAHFT which receive mixed reviews, the less favourable ones very unfairly questioning my parentage Personally, I couldn't see anything wrong with a 70 yard shot on a 10mm kill painted dark green.

We used the no fiddle rules but dropped the pegs from each lane, instead using FT gates. The scoring system was either 1 or 2 points for the knockdown with a minus 1 for a plate or a miss. Alternatively you could elect not to take the shot and score a zero. The higher scores, usually in the minus range but sometimes as many as 6-8 were scored by those honest enough to know their own ability. I think I won one comp with a score of 2.

Put out right, a great little side shoot but it was never designed to be a challenge to HFT or FT.

Clubs and shooters coming up with new ideas and challenges are what helps keep the sport alive and long may it continue.

Bob