Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All metal internals vs as much plastic you can get in a springer

Barryg is online now Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I use the word shit when a manufacturer has a well documented history of making out of round Pistons, Pistons that fail and release the latchrod, cocking arms which fail so frequently that they have to change the design, substandard barrels made in China, plastic trigger components, drooping barrel etc etc etc --- I don't need to prove any of this as it's been well documented by yourself both here and on the DWC.

The compression tube you hold so dear I view as a cost cutting exersise to save on machining costs giving no realistic advantage over well made two piece compression tubes.

And after fifty years of trying Diana still haven't come up with a trigger to equal a Rekord, true they've come up with one that's easy to strip, but that's only to save folks time in changing out the broken Sears which you have shown us.
    OK Mick instead of replying to that distorted nonsense I offer you a CHALLENGE I might be fun and interesting and I will try to be honest and perhaps you will be also

The challenge is we go through my 460 component by component muzzles to butt pad and you (and anyone else) point out what you think is shit. It might settle the Diana quality and design thing on the bbs as long as we try to be reasonably honest

So Mick do you accept ? If you do I will start with what I think is the weakest link the muzzles
    Last edited by Barryg; 16-11-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    OK Mick instead of replying to that distorted nonsense I offer you a CHALLENGE I might be fun and interesting and I will try to be honest and perhaps you will be also

The challenge is we go through my 460 component by component mussel to butt pad and you (and anyone else) point out what you think is shit. It might settle the Diana quality and design thing on the bbs as long as we try to be reasonably honest

So Mick do you accept ? If you do I will start with what I think is the weakest link the mussel
    Is the mussel a new addition? My rifles have muzzles. Does a mussel make it shoot better ? Are they Bulgarian mussel's ? Oh no they can't be Bulgarian as that's fake news is it not ?

No I don't want to post pics or prove I'm right. Why get so cheesed off when people point out faults ? There is more important things to get upset about in life.
    Last edited by bighit; 16-11-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

No I don't want to post pics or prove I'm right. Why get so cheesed off when people point out faults ? There is more important things to get upset about in life.
    That's just because you cant you don't know enough. This is a airgun forum where we discuss airguns not the important things in life

The challenge is we go through my 460 component by component mussel to butt pad and you (and anyone else) point out what you think is shit. It might settle the Diana quality and design thing on the bbs as long as we try to be reasonably honest

So Mick do you accept ? If you do I will start with what I think is the weakest link the mussel
    We're buggered before we start, Barry, the 460 comb is too low for scope use with my tired old eyes so I've lost interest in it already, besides which I'm more than happy to accept your many previous posts highlighting Diana's shortcomings coupled with my own views on my shit D54 and D52 to form my own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Diana eh? Maz had one of those once.....
    At least he doesn't go on about it, week in week out, Nick.

That's just because you cant you don't know enough. This is a airgun forum where we discuss airguns not the important things in life
    I proved numerous times Gabinvest were making parts or complete rifles for Diana and you kept saying it was fake news.
    Why should us other members find faults with Diana airguns ? You seem to point most of them out then forget about bringing it to our attention. And when you look back at these threads the pics have been removed or deleted . Is there a reason for this?

Just Admit that Diana has made some stinkers of design faults like almost every other maker out there.

We're buggered before we start, Barry, the 460 comb is too low for scope use with my tired old eyes so I've lost interest in it already, besides which I'm more than happy to accept your many previous posts highlighting Diana's shortcomings coupled with my own views on my shit D54 and D52 to form my own opinions.
    To be honest I don't have a very high opinion of the later 52/54 although the old T01 was OK. But the challenge is for you or anyone else (except bighit as he has more important things in life ) to look at the 460 pictures component by component and point out parts that are genuinely shit and why because quoting old posts are mostly just bad experiences that you can get with all guns.
    So if you genuinely think that the 460 is shit accept the challenge we both might learn something or do you think that just because the comb is to low for you personally that is the definition of a shit gun lol

Come on Diana are shite compared to hw/walther/aa I recently got a diana 34 and I was so disappointed in it, the cocking was rough as a bears arse the front of the piston was out of round and I couldn't scope it up with normal mounts due to the massive amounts of droop!

I was shocked how terrible it was and my Remington express was much nicer to shoot when both sorted and didn't have no droop.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Come on Diana are shite compared to hw/walther/aa I recently got a diana 34 and I was so disappointed in it, the cocking was rough as a bears arse the front of the piston was out of round and I couldn't scope it up with normal mounts due to the massive amounts of droop!

I was shocked how terrible it was and my Remington express was much nicer to shoot when both sorted and didn't have no droop.
    I honestly can't disagree with you because I have not seen a new factory (maybe Bulgarian) 34 but the old factory 34s were a better platform (not out of the box)than the HW and Umarex break barrels apart from the older 80s.

Perhaps you would like to take up my is the 460 shit challenge that Mick seems to be avoiding and I don't blame him lol

Feeling better Mick, lol

Quote Originally Posted by BAD DAZ View Post
    Feeling better Mick, lol
    Not really, Daz, but I've laughed my duck off all day after reading this :-

the old factory 34s were a better platform (not out of the box)than the HW and Umarex break barrels apart from the older 80s.
    What a load of old bollocks.

The compression tube you hold so dear I view as a cost cutting exersise to save on machining costs giving no realistic advantage over well made two piece compression tubes.

Mick can you explain why you view a one piece compression tube machined from a solid bar that cannot leak is a cost cutting exercise

Mick can you explain why you view a one piece compression tube machined from a solid bar that cannot leak is a cost cutting exercise
    Blimey do they really hog the comp tube out of solid ?

why would you do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    Blimey do they really hog the comp tube out of solid ?

why would you do that ?
    How else can you make a one piece comp tube

If you have a one piece steel spring guide say for a 80 it would be made from a 30 mil. bar.

There are plenty of threads talking about leaking two piece comp tubes