Thread: How not to take your rearsight home after a day on the range.

How not to take your rearsight home after a day on the range.

A couple of weeks ago when I had finished shooting I put a Walther Match Rifle Rearsight into my Jacket pocket whilst sorting my kit out. I walked back to the car, unloaded my kit and threw my Jacket onto the back seat. Once home I unloaded my kit and hung my Jacket up, forgetting all about the Rearsight.

Next day I drove to a friends house and anticipating a cold afternoon in his Garden Workshop took my Jacket with me, which I wore all afternoon.

Two days later I remembered the Rearsight and turned the house upside down several times looking for it, in the belief that I'd absent mindedly taken it out of my Jacket and put it down somewhere. All to no avail.

A couple of nights ago I got a phone call from my friend bringing me up to date regarding a successful conclusion to his "Engineering Work", and than he asked me in a puzzled way if I knew anything about a Walther Rearsight that another friend of his had found in the road outside of his house. It had been run over several times and was beyond repair.

It was mine, and must have fallen out of my Jacket pocket whilst I was putting my coat on after getting out of the car.

I was gutted, as they are not cheap items to replace and hard to come by anyway for an out of production gun, but I was also bemused. A moment of carelessness when packing up after a day on the range followed by a bout of forgetfulness and the result is a minor tragedy. Hopefully I'll know better next time when packing up in a hurry after a days shooting.

Vic Thompson.

Hi Vic,

We have all inadvertently done daft things like that without fully considering the consequences.

Let me know what model of Walther match rifle you have and I will see if I have a suitable rear sight here to replace it.

Best regards,

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Vic,

We have all inadvertently done daft things like that without fully considering the consequences.

Let me know what model of Walther match rifle you have and I will see if I have a suitable rear sight here to replace it.

Best regards,

Bob.

I got married!!!
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

It was a Walther LG90 SSP and whilst I could fit a Rearsight off one of my other guns onto it (or even scope it if need be), I'd prefer a Walther Rearsight if I can get one.

Vic Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    It was a Walther LG90 SSP and whilst I could fit a Rearsight off one of my other guns onto it (or even scope it if need be), I'd prefer a Walther Rearsight if I can get one.

Vic Thompson.
    I do have a spare Walther rear sight - but not one of the correct vintage to replace your "damaged" original.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks for looking Bob, much appreciated.

Vic Thompson.