Thread: Best Chronograph WITH Software

Best Chronograph WITH Software

After a Chronograph which I can use indoors (under LED lights), which I can use by itself OR can connect it to a computer to do a complete shot string, and a print off.

Ideally compact, I've had Chrony ones with the two light diffusers above but found them a bit of a faff.

Mains powered is ideal, not really fussed on it being battery powered.

I'm leaning towards a SKAN, but from what I've heard and read the software is extremely dated. Unsure whether it will work with Windows 10 (It mentions Windows 95, and at an extra £140 over the standard non computer version I'd hope it to be fairly decent. I will be calling them in the next couple of days, as their website is pretty useless.

Any Chronograph suggestions, or anyone had any experience with SKAN software?

Chronograph & Software

Try a look at the Oehler P35 system, it been the standard reference chrono for almost all Global Government departments for almost as long as I can remember. Buying into the Oehler system will give you access to virtually any firearms software package you may ever require, works with everything from .50BMG down inside or out including BP & Shotgun loads.

HTH
    H

The LMBR range will work almost anywhere, my R2 is used in an unlit garage no problems. Battery or mains adaptor (7-12v) found a 7 volt transformer in the odds and sods box that works fine with it. You need an RS232 to USB cable to connect it to a computer then use the free Tera Term programme. Saying that I've not had it long and still trying to get it to "talk" to the computer properly, getting an unintelligible output each shot on the computer screen so I'm wading through the help files to get it to work properly. Should let you save and print the shot strings.
    Last edited by bezzer; 14-11-2018 at 03:10 PM.