Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Pistol Wanted

Match Pistol Wanted

Due to my work taking me away from home a lot I am missing out on valuable practice time, I am therefore looking for a lower value pistol to keep with me on my travels rather than risk my expensive Morini & Steyr , Thinking of the less popular brands, Gehmann, Match guns, SAM etc, ideally already fitted with a large or X Large R/H grip to keeps costs as low as possible (may consider others but will need to factor in a replacement grip in the price)

anyone got anything gathering dust, Thinking £350 - £400,

Thanks
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Would you consider Co2 ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    Would you consider Co2 ?
    yep, depending on the pistol
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Match pistol

Hi nige, got a tau Brno mk08 match pistol full size, 2 cylinders one long one short with case instructions. Purchased new in 2017 by a fellow club member. Large grey laminate grip. Regatds mark.

Hi Nige,

How about considering a LOV 21 with the add-on bits from 1066 ?

They do work really well and with Allan's mods fitted they are a joy to shoot - and cost very little to buy!

A little bird told me that he shot a 94 ex 100 with his at 10 meters the other night - not too much wrong with a cheap pistol that can do that!

Stay in touch!

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 16-11-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Nige,

How about considering a LOV 21 with the add-on bits from 1066 ?

They do work really well and with Allan's mods fitted they are a joy to shoot - and cost very little to buy!

A little bird told me that he shot a 94 ex 100 with his at 10 meters the other night - not too much wrong with a cheap pistol that can do that!

Stay in touch!

Bob.
    IJ will be jealous when he reads this and he will have to get his LOV 21 into action to try beat Allans 94 ex 100 as soon as possible!

IJ will be jealous when he reads this and he will have to get his LOV 21 into action to try beat Allans 94 ex 100 as soon as possible!
    I previously shot 2 49/50 cards with a Lov21, It was commented at the club as to why I bother with a £1000 Morini They are indeed very good pistols for the money
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    I previously shot 2 49/50 cards with a Lov21, It was commented at the club as to why I bother with a £1000 Morini They are indeed very good pistols for the money
    I think you have just answered you own question - use your LOV21 - but with Allans 1066 upgrades fitted so it feel like a "proper" match pistol and can be balanced to your own preference!

I love your x2 49/50 results - it should make IJ feel really dejected!!!

I think you have just answered you own question - use your LOV21 - but with Allans 1066 upgrades fitted so it feel like a "proper" match pistol and can be balanced to your own preference!

I love your x2 49/50 results - it should make IJ feel really dejected!!!
    Should mention it was at 6 yards not 10 mtrs although I have also had remarkable results at 10 mtrs for what was then an £80 pistol
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

49 ex 50 with a LOV That truly is good shooting and something to 'aim' () for.

ATB
    Ian (mere 48 ex 50 )
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

If you think Nigel's 49 / 50 with the cheepo Lov is good try asking him what he can do with a horrid webley whatsit, that I find almost impossible to cock with a trigger pull of half a hundred weight and will not fire until the trigger is almost cutting my finger off, Nigel likes a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    If you think Nigel's 49 / 50 with the cheepo Lov is good try asking him what he can do with a horrid webley whatsit, that I find almost impossible to cock with a trigger pull of half a hundred weight and will not fire until the trigger is almost cutting my finger off, Nigel likes a challenge!
    That was a Hurricane, one of Webley's finest and I'm taking it to my next match cos the results are better than those iv'e shot recently with my Morini, As for the trigger, It is adjustable you know, I've now got it down low enough it only needs one person to pull it.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Now on a serious note about what to take travelling with you during the week.
    Make a dummy out of alloy and an old grip, only brain teaser is the trigger and that's not too difficult to do as all it has to do is load up to 500g then make you feel a click, try and get the weight of the thing and balance on par with the Morini. You have got all of the gear to make it and you will save a few bob that can go towards your next toy! Now that would have made a great "A" level project for one of my kids that could not find something to do that interested or inspired them, but also could be extended to include a laser pointer that "shot" an electronic target that used an LDR to simulate a ten ring and pinged or did something else to register a hit. Now you would also be into making an adjustable rear sight or a means to adjust the laser.

Use the kiss process and make one, but if you are carrying it about you may need to paint it bright green or something as a dummy would perhaps be more difficult to explain than a real 10m pistol in your boot.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    Now on a serious note about what to take travelling with you during the week.
    Make a dummy out of alloy and an old grip, only brain teaser is the trigger and that's not too difficult to do as all it has to do is load up to 500g then make you feel a click, try and get the weight of the thing and balance on par with the Morini. You have got all of the gear to make it and you will save a few bob that can go towards your next toy! Now that would have made a great "A" level project for one of my kids that could not find something to do that interested or inspired them, but also could be extended to include a laser pointer that "shot" an electronic target that used an LDR to simulate a ten ring and pinged or did something else to register a hit. Now you would also be into making an adjustable rear sight or a means to adjust the laser.

Use the kiss process and make one, but if you are carrying it about you may need to paint it bright green or something as a dummy would perhaps be more difficult to explain than a real 10m pistol in your boot.
    Probably not a bad idea as during the quest for a cheap pistol I am now in the process of purchasing a new toy and only marginally over (double!!) my original budget, , It wasn't my fault, someone sent me some pretty pictures , I have explained to the wife that due to shooting in different venues the temperature varies so therefore I need another pistol, I mean it's not like she's only got one pair of shoes for all occasions
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Thanks for all the replies,

Think I have this sorted now
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,