Thread: Steyr LP2 possible swap

Steyr LP2 possible swap

Now I’m retired I only occasionally shoot my LP2 in the garage and my bottle has now gone out of test so I’d really like to go over to a quality SSP like maybe the FWB 100 series so wouldn't be averse to a swap with preferably cash my way (well, I am a poverty stricken pensioner!!).
    The pistol is wasted on me now and would be better off with someone who would appreciate it....it’s in immaculate condition with 2 non-leaky cylinders (silver 2013/04, blue 2012/06) and an untouched medium grip. Has all paperwork, test shot card and tools.
    I haven’t put this into the swaps section as I’m just putting out feelers to you target peeps, hope this is ok.

Regards,
    Eric.

You have a PM.

Hi Eric,

You and I both got our LP2 pistols at the same time (and from the same source!).

I know how pleased you were with your LP2 when you first got it, and I was equally chuffed with mine, so I am sorry to hear that you are parting with yours as you enjoyed shooting it so much!

I hope you get something that gives you as much pleasure as your LP2 - without the need for a dive cylinder!

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Hi Eric, I did something similar a while ago, but bought an "Izzy" Baikal m46 SSP. TBH it's a cracking budget gun, mine has laminate grips from Woods and Waters in the US and a new trigger blade from MEC.
    Just a thought....

Hi Bob,
    I forgot you bought the other one of the pair so you know what beautiful pistols they were.....I’ve probably only put 150 pellets through mine and haven’t picked it up this year.....it’s funny how your lifes aims change when you retire, I was going to do so much wth my hobbies but there you go!

If I remember rightly they had only been used a couple of times and I know you wouldn’t be able to tell mine from new, yours is probably the same.

I’ll be sad to part with it but the reliance on a bottle for the odd time I’d use it is a shameful waste of a gem of a pistol....I’d rather have a nice SSP or similar just so when the urge takes me I can throw some lead.

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated!

Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Hi Eric, I did something similar a while ago, but bought an "Izzy" Baikal m46 SSP. TBH it's a cracking budget gun, mine has laminate grips from Woods and Waters in the US and a new trigger blade from MEC.
    Just a thought....

Thanks for your thoughts, I had an Izzy for a while and they are superb pistols for the money but a bit heavy for me now with my ancient shoulder....now wondering if I’ll be able to pump an SSP, lol!

Your Izzy sounds like a beauty with custom grips, I tried to get some for mine at the time but with no success.

Happy pumping,

Eric.

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    Another PM incoming
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Quote Originally Posted by defblade View Post
    Another PM incoming
    Replied.
    Cheers, Eric.

Lp2

Quote Originally Posted by eredel View Post
    Now I’m retired I only occasionally shoot my LP2 in the garage and my bottle has now gone out of test so I’d really like to go over to a quality SSP like maybe the FWB 100 series so wouldn't be averse to a swap with preferably cash my way (well, I am a poverty stricken pensioner!!).
    The pistol is wasted on me now and would be better off with someone who would appreciate it....it’s in immaculate condition with 2 non-leaky cylinders (silver 2013/04, blue 2012/06) and an untouched medium grip. Has all paperwork, test shot card and tools.
    I haven’t put this into the swaps section as I’m just putting out feelers to you target peeps, hope this is ok.

Regards,
    Eric.
    Hi Eric,
    I have just got to the level of where I now need a more serious target pistol and after using a friends LP2 at the club I am so impressed with it, so I want one too.

I have two SSP pistols that might fit the bill,

Pistol one is a Gamo compact a proximity 2 years old, purchased from new by me. This is a very accurate and capable pistol which is easy to cock and light weight so should not agrevate your existing shoulder injury.

Pistol two is a little heavier a webley Nemesis but again a very accurate and easy to cock, pistol with a great trigger.

If either of these pistols interest you let me know and we can sort out a deal with obviously cash your way.

Regards,
    Paul

Replied.
    Cheers, Eric.
    Quote Originally Posted by devon View Post
    Hi Eric,
    I have just got to the level of where I now need a more serious target pistol and after using a friends LP2 at the club I am so impressed with it, so I want one too.

I have two SSP pistols that might fit the bill,

Pistol one is a Gamo compact a proximity 2 years old, purchased from new by me. This is a very accurate and capable pistol which is easy to cock and light weight so should not agrevate your existing shoulder injury.

Pistol two is a little heavier a webley Nemesis but again a very accurate and easy to cock, pistol with a great trigger.

If either of these pistols interest you let me know and we can sort out a deal with obviously cash your way.

Regards,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    I’m sorry but I’m looking for the likes of a FWB 100/102/103 or something of that ilk even 65/80.......I already have a Beeman (HW40 clone) which is similar to your SSPs, the Gamo is a nice pistol but not quite what I’m after.
    Thanks for your offer, much appreciated.

Regards,
    Eric.

Lp2

Hi Paul,
    I’m sorry but I’m looking for the likes of a FWB 100/102/103 or something of that ilk even 65/80.......I already have a Beeman (HW40 clone) which is similar to your SSPs, the Gamo is a nice pistol but not quite what I’m after.
    Thanks for your offer, much appreciated.

Regards,
    Eric.
    Eric,
    Thanks for your reply,
    Good luck with your search, hope you find what you are looking for.

Still on the look-out!

Eric.