Thread: Hy-Score Sportster Collection

Hy-Score Sportster Collection

The custom Sportster with bluing retouched joins the Repeater and multi-barrel version. These have become my favorite Hy-score pistols, besides being more rare, after shooting these the regular version seems crazy long. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    The custom Sportster with bluing retouched joins the Repeater and multi-barrel version. These have become my favorite Hy-score pistols, besides being more rare, after shooting these the regular version seems crazy long. Lol

Lovely collection ! I have always hankered after a sportster, but they are as rare as hens teeth over on this side of the pond.

Lakey

Nice pistols and well done on the photography.
    I have never handled one of these, looking at it I presume the barrel is concentric with the piston which makes for a compact design. They look very nice and would love to have one some day. I believe these (or a similar design) were available new in the UK in the 80's, but I stand corrected on this.

Quote Originally Posted by dvd View Post
    Nice pistols and well done on the photography.
    I have never handled one of these, looking at it I presume the barrel is concentric with the piston which makes for a compact design. They look very nice and would love to have one some day. I believe these (or a similar design) were available new in the UK in the 80's, but I stand corrected on this.
    You are correct a Englishman bought the rights and machinery and made them in the UK for a few years. A slightly different design on the outside but the same pistol.

You are correct a Englishman bought the rights and machinery and made them in the UK for a few years. A slightly different design on the outside but the same pistol.
    Phoenix Arm's produced the Sporter and the target, Still marketed as Hy-Score Arm's Company but I believe manufactured in Sandwich Kent under the Phoenix banner, The UK Sporter however differed to the shorter US version although still with interchangeable barrels and still a very nice pistol, One of my favorite's.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thumbs up

Hi Flint

This is my Mk2 Sporter

I swapped a straight grip Mk1 Webley and a slant grip Senior for it much to the wife's dismay!! (She loves steel Webbo's!)

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/