Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Airmasters Tune information.

This is a lovely thread. Never really "noticed" Mastersport much as my mate had a Venom 77 so everything was Venom this and Venom that.

Fantastic

Thanks for all the kind words chaps, I’ll try and get some more pics up later.

Meanwhile…

As there’s been a bit of interest in Airmasters of late, I thought I would post some pics of a recent project I’ve just about finished.

The first time I clapped my eyes on a Pro Sport, I thought two things. Firstly, ‘blimey, that looks like a pregnant Sako Forester’, and secondly ‘but it would make a great FTS’.

So I picked one up and started nagging my old man to make me a stock. He said ‘go boil your head son, I’m finished with that lark’, he’s a helpful like that my dad. So I resolved to get on and make one myself.

It’s taken 15 months to get to this stage. The stock is American walnut, it’s pretty enough but was a total pain to finish. The barrel weight took a while to perfect but I think that the balance is spot on now.

As it’s a Pro Sport, all I’ve done to the action other than the usual is add a TinBum short stroke extension. So thanks for that Mr Bum, it works a treat. The trigger is blue printed. Blacking of the barrel weight and trigger guard was by the most excellent Mr Paul Chell, thanks for another great job Paul.

It’s a heavy beast, but I kinda like it that way. It like to think of it as a recoiling whizzer.

Pics below.

Richard

Truly beautiful, Richard, and deeply envious of your skills and eye for detail.

Have you ever considered doing this for a living?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Richard, that is sooooooo unfair! I would kill for that, it's gorgeous!I have 2 Pro-sports, one in a lovely Paul Wilson stock, but itLs not a patch on that eye candy.

As said, can you do this for a living, and would you take my order first?

Jerry

That looks fantastic. I've never seen these before.

I love the lines of a venom hunter/vantage stock and it is still my favourite.

However, these stocks have gone to a much higher level of functionality and still maintain really nice lines and quality of finish.

Like all the function and no loss of form.

Beautiful.
    Some V-glide 80's, V-glide Tomahawk and a couple of Rapids

That is a thing of beauty. When I win the lottery I will see if I can persuade you to make me one at an appropriate price 😀
    I may have asked this before, if I have I apologise, do you use different stain for the stippling or does the stippling take the stain on the rest of the stock to a darker end result?
    Cheers
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I have to agree John's stocks are amazing and have stood the test of time. They have elegant lines but more importantly are practical to use. I have never owned a springer Airmasters stock but have been lucky enough to own quite a few for GC2s, 100 series and Shamal etc over the years. I still own Tom Walton's FTXS fitted with a stainless steel carbine GC2 action.

Pete

I have a HW80 Airmasters Mastersport Stalker. Great rifle in a beautiful stock!

Richard, quite simply: WOOF!!!

Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Airmasters

I never liked the pro sport but boy do I like that..That really it the mutts nuts. WONDERFUL. Mach 1.5

*LIKE BUTTON* x10

Thanks chaps, it’s just ridiculous to shoot too.

The stippling question is an interesting one. It depends what you want . The stippled area will be darker because it will be more absorbent. If it’s not dark enough, by all means stain it darker. The 77 here has been stained, the PS has none.

Anyhoo, here’s a few more pics as requested. More of the 77 and some Mastersports. The middle one is the last rifle I shot competitive FT with.

The last one, photographed outdoors, is one I refurbed this year as it was very rough. I slimmed the fore stock dramatically. It’s my favourite rifle now.

Some more pics of my recently restored RT. The trigger guard is now blacked and it looks very smart.

Mastersports

ATB

Richard

Beautiful, Richard.:

I'm getting a little warm under the collar now!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I shouldn’t like that Pro-Sport (don’t usually go for the 80s FT style) but I do. Great work.

The last FWB pictured above is simply bloody gorgeous. It would be even better with a slim elegant muzzle weight. One of the nicest looking air rifles I have ever seen.

Absolutely stunning!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)