Thread: Crossman 2240

Micky Spillane is offline reports of my death have been greatly exagerated

Crossman 2240

Okay I took the plunge and bought a ratbuster yesterday. Advertised as doing up to 5.5 ft lbs energy mine (brand new with fresh co2 powerlet fitted is doing strings sub 300FPS now 290X290X14.5 / 450240 equals 2.7 Ft lbs energy. Is this a faulty gun? should I send it back or take the makers to court under the sale of goods and services act? Maybe somebody will tell me it will settle in with use and come up to the expected advertised power levels. Not an expensive investment but one that failed to live up to expectation. Crosman destined to disappoint.
    Drink good English Bitter beer and shoot safe,
    Micky Spillane

should do 350-400 but depends on pellet weight possibly a leaky tp or probe seal
    take it back and ask shop to swap it for another

Did you have it out in the cold ? Co2 is poor in the cold .

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005...n-powerplants/

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    should do 350-400 but depends on pellet weight possibly a leaky tp or probe seal
    take it back and ask shop to swap it for another
    Could be.

Have you done a shot count? From memory, you should get a good 50ish shots. If you're getting more, this could indicate a weaker hammer spring.

I also wonder if they have maybe started doing them with smaller transfer ports for restricted power markets, similar to how they decided to doctor the 1377 pump-up (smaller TP and bleed hole in the valve in those),

Generally, these are good for well over 5ft.lbs. The first one I bought (2011 I think) was doing 6.75ft.lbs with Hobbies and had to be brought down! They're dead, dead easy to work on and it'd be nice to have a tinker but, then again, as it's a new gun, better to go back? If the shop had another one and it tested at the same power, that would also point to deliberate castration.

Test with another couple of types of pellet.

And, although cool-ish, it's not terribly cold at the moment, so guessing it's not down to temperature.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

That's low but the newer models are a bit wimpy.
    Last edited by gingernut; 16-11-2018 at 09:30 AM.